+ Reply to Thread

Thread: An inquiry about FSAE Rules

Post An inquiry about FSAE Rules

Hello there
    I'm Mostafa Ramadan from ASU Racing Team Electric , its the second year for us with a monocoque chassis and we're having some problems with some stuff . My inquiry is about the rule T3.39 concerning the monocoque attachements as i want to know if we use the simulation for insert's testing , if we applied a force of tension of a mag. 30 KN as example to the bolt in the insert , is it okay that the insert and material (sandwich) not fail but the bolt itself fails at 30 KN . Does the rule actually mean that the inserts and material only should withstand that load or that is including bolts ?

Capture.JPG

Thanks
    Last edited by mmramadan; 02-20-2017 at 02:13 PM.

Which specific attachment are you worrying about?

And do you build compliant to SES or AF rules?
    Last edited by FrederikWe; 02-21-2017 at 07:43 AM. Reason: Spelling

Inserts as the insert used in the A-arms of suspension's fixation . Rules state that it should withstand tension of 30 KN in any direction , SES is not yet made

T3.39 refers to attachments between the monocoque and other primary structure.
    My interpretation is that this primary structure is the same primary structure that is defined in T3.3.

I don't think I've ever seen a suspension point in FSAE capable of transferring 30 kN. That would require something like an M12 bolt.
    Alumnus Revolve NTNU

+ Reply to Thread