+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sprocket and tyre size

Sprocket and tyre size

We used a 52 teeths sprocket with dry tyres. The wheels we used were 195/50 R13. This year we are switching to R10 wheels and semi slicks. I did some work on which sprocket to use. Just wanted an advice from you guys about the different methods that can be used to decide a sprocket.
    Last edited by sum_1_; 01-22-2017 at 05:32 AM.

Hi, please use exactly 3.1415926535 teeth. Your team will take the 1st place easy.
    Sheridan Motorsports troll (2012-2014)
    Cubicle troll (2015 - God knows when)

No, no, you need a cvt and some proper black magic to take the 1st place!

Have you tried the search option?
    Johan Sahlström

Lund University 2010-2015

Have you at least tried to calculate the ratios yourself? If you try to take the easy way and just ask on this forum without putting any effort in the issue yourself, don't expect to get proper answers. People will react the way the first response was.

This isn't even a real hard thing to figure out. It's just some basic math...
    Rennteam Uni Stuttgart
    2008: Seat and Bodywork
    2009: Team captain

GreenTeam Uni Stuttgart
    2010: Seat and Bodywork / Lamination whore

Formula Student Austria
    2012: Operative Team

Think before asking

Again another example of questions coming from a student that demonstrates a poor education system where most of the teachers just ask the students during exams to regurgitates what they did read (read not analyze) during courses and to fill in the blank of an exam sheet.
    No creativity. No parallel thinking. Just "sir give me the input and the formula and I will give you the output". If the student has the courage to go that far because the other solution is of course "tell me what to do".

Intelligence is the ability to find a solution to a problem you never encountered before. (A. Einstein). Use your intelligence sum_1.

Also introduce your self. Just a matter of politeness.
    Claude Rouelle
    OptimumG president
    Vehicle Dynamics & Race Car Engineering
    Training / Consulting / Simulation Software
    FS & FSAE design judge USA / Canada / UK / Germany / Spain / Italy / China / Brazil / Australia
    [url]www.optimumg.com[/u

+ Reply to Thread