+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Idling problem honda cbr600rr 2006

Idling problem honda cbr600rr 2006

⁠⁠⁠Hello,

We are a fsae team from dubai.we are running a honda CBR 600rr 2006 engine on the car with a pe3 ecu.we were able to idle the engine at 1200 rpm at first and take the car to 30 km/hr and 3000 rpm.
    ⁠⁠⁠However while tuning we changed the fuel tables a bit and now its not idling.we changed the settings back but it's still not idling
    It's catching and running fr 2 secs bt not idling completely.
    Can u pls tell us the problem and what we might be having

Thanks

I would like to know, what is meant by that the engine is not idling ?
    does the engine idle at high RPMs? or does it stall ?

when we start the engine it runs for 2 secs and then shuts down.This has happened recently and we have tried about everything but are not able to start it.we changed the plugs,we checked the fuel tank etc
    Another problem is that the car doesn't go beyond 3000 rpm and the exhaust becomes red hot when we run it for 2 to 3 min at the same rpm (3000). when we asked pe3 abt it, they told us to change the crank settings. but this prevented the engine from starting

IMO if everything was fine and suddenly went crazy for no giving reason maybe the problem is not in your inputs to the ECU.
    when the engine is running just before stalling what is the RPM value?

It stalls at around 1500 to 2000 rpm

Quote Originally Posted by raptor93 View Post
    when we start the engine it runs for 2 secs and then shuts down.This has happened recently and we have tried about everything but are not able to start it.we changed the plugs,we checked the fuel tank etc
    Another problem is that the car doesn't go beyond 3000 rpm and the exhaust becomes red hot when we run it for 2 to 3 min at the same rpm (3000). when we asked pe3 abt it, they told us to change the crank settings. but this prevented the engine from starting

Exhaust red hot implies that you're burning in it so either you are pig rich or your timing is super retarded.

Can you post up a fuel and ignition map as well as pictures of your crank setup, etc.

I thought PE had a scope to look at your cam and crank signals, have you looked at them?
    Jim
    "Old guy #1" at UCONN Racing

Link for engine setup and ignition mapping

These were the settings PE sent to us first with which the engine worked fine.However it did not go beyond3000 rpm and at 40 percent tps value and 3000 rpm exhaust became red hot.After this we asked PE and they told to change the settings by checking the positive going zero crossing option in the Sync input.However engine has not started since.

I Have attached the images with help of link. you can directly view it by clicking on the links.

Sorry For Late reply.
    http://prntscr.com/bw2nma
    http://prntscr.com/bw2nsh
    http://prntscr.com/bw2o2m
    http://prntscr.com/bw2ocd
    http://prntscr.com/bw2oo6

I don't have a lot of experience with the PE3, but from what I can tell - the setup looks correct. The reason why the engine is not revving up is because both your fuel and your spark maps are pretty flat. I am not sure if you have an O2 sensor, but that should at least let you have an idea of what the engine is doing, but make sure the exhaust system doesn't have leaks or else you will be chasing your tail.
    Wayne State University Formula SAE [Warrior Racing]

2015 - Technical Advisor (Engine - Calibration Lead) "Old Man Jenkins"
    2013-2015 - Powertrain Director (Engine - Calibration /Electrical Lead)
    2012-2013 - Engineering Captain (All the things)
    2011-2012 - Cooling/Exhaust Lead

Yes we do have an O2 sensor and we tried tuning the engine using it.The values of the sensor varied between 1.09 at the beginning to about 0.78 at the point where the exhaust becomes red hot.The mixture is lean at the start and progressively becomes rich with increase in rpm and tps opening.I am pretty sure theres no leakage in the exhaust but I will still check again .However I am not sure how to fix the problem of the flat fuel and spark map to make engine rev.Does it mean I need to increase fuel as in increase injector open timing?Please tell me what I can do to rectify it.Thanks

Raptor,

Two thoughts come to mind...
    1) Do you have an air leak on the intake side? and
    2) What size is your throttle body?

Pat
    The trick is... There is no trick

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast