+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Student position for Vehicle Dynamics model development

Student position for Vehicle Dynamics model development

Hello all,

I have spent my study years starting Formula student in my University and making sure that my team can compete, just a quick introduction about myself is that I was (along with a colleague) a founding member of the Cairo University Racing Team from Egypt where we started the team in the University and i worked as the technical director for the team for 2 years working mainly on suspension design, tyre models, vehicle dynamics along with the normal TD work with the different teams and integration. As always with a new team we struggled a lot but we made it to the competition and i am very grateful for the experience and knowledge i gained during that period that later allowed me to work as a vehicle dynamics Engineer at Ford (as a student for 1 year), in Motorsports (winning Porsche Cup as a Race Engineer and 24 hours of Zolder, along with working as a race engineer for various GT3 cars and competitions) before getting my current job at AVL.

I am currently working for AVL, which as some may know is a leading Development and Research company that works in the fields of Engines and Vehicles. Some may know it from the work done in Combustion and Engine systems and some may know it for the development work for the F1 and Motorsports teams.

Anyhow, I work at the Regensburg location (Germany) where we focus on developing Control systems, and My team is a new team within the company developing the control systems for Autonomous Driving functions which is a very exciting and challenging field. As the team is quite small and young we have many topics to cover and thus We are looking for students to work with us (under my supervision) on Vehicle Dynamics models, for either internships or Thesis opportunities. We work in a very dynamic and international work environment and would welcome people to join. I post this opening here as i know the level of knowledge in the Formula student teams and would be very happy to get someone with the ground knowledge and team work abilities that grow in Formula student.

Please find below the job opening to which you can apply online. I can also be contacted here if you need any help.

https://www.avl.com/open-jobs?p_p_id...3DqUz_id=19731
    Cairo University Racing Team Technical Director 2011-2012
    Tyres and Vehicle dynamics
    Suspension team head 2010

https://www.avl.com/open-jobs?p_p_id=avljobdbfrontend1_WAR_avljobdbportlet_ INSTANCE_NIzBc623DqUz&p_p_lifecycle=0&p_p_state=no rmal&p_p_mode=view&p_p_col_id=column-1&p_p_col_count=1&_avljobdbfrontend1_WAR_avljobdbp ortlet_INSTANCE_NIzBc623DqUz_view=jobform&_avljobd bfrontend1_WAR_avljobdbportlet_INSTANCE_NIzBc623Dq Uz_id=19732

A
    s i was told the link i posted doesn't work, here is another link which may be useful.

If this one also doesn't work anyone interested please go to the open Jobs at the AVL website and filter for Germany, Regensburg and the job title is "ECU Based Vehicle Dynamics reference Model Development and Research". Please note that this position is for Internship/Thesis seeking students.

You can also contact me through private messages if you would need
    Cairo University Racing Team Technical Director 2011-2012
    Tyres and Vehicle dynamics
    Suspension team head 2010

+ Reply to Thread