+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DAG Position Available Immediately for 2016 season - Start at Mosport 5/18

DAG Position Available Immediately for 2016 season - Start at Mosport 5/18

I am recruiting on behalf of CRP Racing, a top Pirelli World Challenge GT team racing an Audi R8 LMS ultra GT3.
    This is the same team I posted for last year, and a DAG position is available again. We previously hired an FSAE grad who worked out great, and are looking for another one.

The team is seeking a Data Acquisition Engineer (DAG) for the 2016 season and beyond. The position is fly-in, not full time, and thus will require travel for 10-12 weekends a year.
    You must be able to attend all of the GT races on the schedule, which can be found here:
    http://world-challenge.com/schedule/
    Please read carefully as some of the events listed are TC only.
    You must also have a valid U.S. passport to attend the event in Canada.

**This position needs to be filled immediately, starting May 18-23 at Mosport in Toronto, Canada.

Basic Requirements:
    Able to travel, work 12 hour days in all weather conditions, and in a noisy environment.
    Must be physically fit, able to go over the wall, and lift or carry at least 50 pounds. Running or sprinting is sometimes required.
    A self motivated critical thinker who can diagnose and solve problems they have never seen before in time critical situations.
    A good outgoing personality that can integrate well into a great team.
    Know your way around a toolbox.
    High level of proficiency with computers and electronics.
    Ability to diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair wiring looms and harnesses.
    Knowledge of the theory and operation of data acquisition systems and sensors.
    Knowledge of vehicle dynamics, suspension setup, and racecar aerodynamics.
    Pick up a rag and clean something without being told to.

Desired but not Required:
    Prior sports car or open wheel experience at any level, as a driver, crew member, or engineer.
    Experience with professional level data acquisition systems such as Motec, Bosch, Pi, Cosworth, Aim or Magnetti Marelli.
    Basic understanding of how to analyze data with respect to engine and gearbox vitals, chassis setup, and driver performance.
    Practical knowledge of CAN network communication protocols.
    Experience with motor sports video recording systems such as RaceKeeper, ChaseCam, Aim SmartyCam, and GoPro.

I am posting this here to encourage FSAE students or recent graduates to apply, so it is understandable if you do not have a lot of experience yet.
    However, since opportunities for young engineers in motor sports are very limited, we will only be considering people who are serious and committed to a career in pro racing and simply need the right opportunity to get started.
    Only top notch resumes from bright experienced FSAE team leaders will be considered.

I work as the Customer Support Engineer for Audi Sport Customer Racing USA, and support GT3 teams on the IMSA and PWC paddocks.
    You will receive support and training from myself on the operation of the Bosch data logging system and the associated software, RaceCon and WinDarab.
    I will be at all the races to answer questions and can help you get up to speed quickly with some tips and trick to make you an effective DAG.

Good luck and thanks for applying.

Cody Ragone
    Engineering | Audi Sport Customer Racing USA
    Please send a resume and cover letter to cragone@ascrusa.com.

In your cover letter, please state why you want to work in racing and talk about your role and responsibility on your FSAE team.

This position has been filled. Got a lot of solid resumes, thanks to all who applied. If you did apply, I will keep your resume and email you if I have any new opportunities. Also continue to check this forum for future opportunities.

+ Reply to Thread