+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Bicycle model

It might be hard to swallow, but

Actually, there have been two car platforms I worked on that could easily swallow bumps with electronic active controls. One was the Lotus ruined Active Corvette. They had/have absoulutely no idea how to incorporate active nonlinear suspension algorithms. AND they leaked (Brit notoriety, eh?)

Anybody wanna guess what the other one was ? This car could jump curbs/kerbs and maybe even Serbs. Algorithm was constant sprung mass body force.
    If I can figure out why I can no longer upload photos, I will post the surprize answer. And this car almost went down the line at Lake Orion Assembly. Too bad GM CORP went Tango Union....

Quote Originally Posted by Z View Post

From the department of the bleeding-obvious. -> "Active-electronic doo-dads" CANNOT SWALLOW BUMPS!!!

Bill,

Were they going to try a Bose Active Suspension on a Chevy Sonic?

-Charles
    Charles Kaneb
    Magna International
    FSAE Lincoln Design Judge - Frame/Body/Link judging area. Not a professional vehicle dynamicist.

Not your Father's ...

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Kaneb View Post
    Bill,

Were they going to try a Bose Active Suspension on a Chevy Sonic?

-Charles
    No, a Buick Park Aveneue! I have pics and .ppt stuff but they won't post. The car was awesome. Somebody must have the trailer preview videos around somewhere. They drove it without incident to the Milford PG from their hometown headquarters. Nobody ever does that...

YouTube to the rescue.

YouTube has a few PR clips about this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJ0ljaqeZ1g

Our Buick was a McStrut with a torsion bar base config. The strut unit was the actuator.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8