+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: FS: Penske 7800 dampers

I have 2 penske 7800 double adjustable dampers with piggyback resevoir for sale. 75mm stroke. Comes with one 200 lb/in(35 Nm) spring and one 250 lb/in(43.8 Nm) spring. NEVER BEEN USED.

Asking $1200 obo

I have 2 penske 7800 double adjustable dampers with piggyback resevoir for sale. 75mm stroke. Comes with one 200 lb/in(35 Nm) spring and one 250 lb/in(43.8 Nm) spring. NEVER BEEN USED.

Asking $1200 obo

Hi,

I'm possibly interested in those dampers/springs.

Send some pictures and information to northwestern.formula.racing@gmail.com

Thanks.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">... 7800 double adjustable dampers with piggyback resevoir ... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did they change the 7800? The ones I remember from a few years ago were not externally adjustable and around $250 each, brand new....

And a 200 and 250 lb/in spring with that travel, way too high for any reasonably size FSAE car.... Make sure they're what you need before you buy 'em.
    J.R.
    University at Buffalo Alum.
    Safety Wire Team Leader

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done."
    Louis D. Brandeis

http:// www. kaztechnologies. com/store/formula-sae-parts-tools/penske-7800-fsae-shocks.html

http:// www. kaztechnologies. com/SpecsDrawings-161.html

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by J.R.:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">... 7800 double adjustable dampers with piggyback resevoir ... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did they change the 7800? The ones I remember from a few years ago were not externally adjustable and around $250 each, brand new....

And a 200 and 250 lb/in spring with that travel, way too high for any reasonably size FSAE car.... Make sure they're what you need before you buy 'em. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perhaps Kaz-Tech 7800's Double Adjustable's with piggyback.

Which are in-fact have NOTHING in similar with "traditional" 7800's in terms of springs, bearings, valves etc.

200 is high, sure. But it all comes down to MR and what you are trying to do. Our car ran 330's on the rear in 2006.
    ---------------------------
    2006 QUT Motorsport - Manufacturing Manager
    2007 QUT Motorsport - Controversy Raiser
    2008 University of Waterloo Formula Motorsports - Exchange Student / Electrical Team Manager
    2009 The University of Adelaide Motorspo

Huh, thats really weird that they would name them the same as an existing damper, but now that you mention it I think I remember thinking that when I first saw them (just forgot).

WRT to MR, are the rates softer with these than the CC DB's?
    J.R.
    Safety Wire Team Leader

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done."
    Louis D. Brandeis

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by J.R.:
    Huh, thats really weird that they would name them the same as an existing damper, but now that you mention it I think I remember thinking that when I first saw them (just forgot).

WRT to MR, are the rates softer with these than the CC DB's? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It all depends on your MR. They might be too stiff for you but too soft for the next guy.

Andy, that's correct, but you pick your MR based on how stiff the damper is/ how much travel its got. I'm curious how stiff the rates are on these dampers compared to the CC DB's. If they're softer then teams will be able to run a MR closer to unity and use up more travel in the damper.
    J.R.
    Safety Wire Team Leader

Louis D. Brandeis

http://www.kaztechnologies.com...trol-Forces-128.html

This link should take you to the value code data. One of these has rebound code 1 and compression code 1 and the other has rebound code 2 and compression code 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast