+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Electric 600V Design Questions

Thijs,

Glad to see another graph fanatic

Similar look to the Pareto set, and I would expect almost no change to the t-test results. It is a shame not too have the data of a lot of 300V cars competing as well to see whether you could make a call between US and Europe rules.

Kev

Fun With Graphs

I like graphs. Is there a single source for engineering parameters (weights, voltage, wheelbase, track, tires, suspension types, N-motors, motor type) vs. position and scores ? Just curious. We love Mahalanobis distances.

Great stuff!! I'll have to check it out more closely tomorrow, unfortunately...Already past my bedtime!

Kevin, I'm not sure how much use that would be. No single FSAE-E car has been close to competitive with even C-cars.

I keep asking for things, but I'd like to see the same as Bill. Is the information in Racecar Engineering accurate, or is it a lot like the program spec sheets that people don't take seriously?
    Cole Easterling
    Brendon & Lawrence Mfg.
    2011-2012 TAMU FH/FSAE

Bill, Cole,

Unfortunately there isn't a publicly available source that has all that data in one convenient overview.
    Weights, position and scores I took from the formulastudent.de results section, that stuff is freely available of course.
    I would expect the Racecar Engineering data to be reasonably accurate when it comes to things like tire types, electric motor specs and basic measurements (except for weights, but there we have more reliable data available).

Cole, I think Kevin meant to say that for the sake of looking at these relations it's a shame that there aren't more 300V cars running in Europe, not that it would help to include the US competition results in the same overview.

As a side note on the specific power/voltage graph that I posted earlier: I would be very careful in trying to extract any data from that on how much choosing higher voltages contributes towards a lighter car. There may well be a correlation, but I would expect at least some of the teams that actively pursue relatively minor weight savings by switching to a higher voltage to be the same teams that were more focused on building lighter cars anyway.

Thijs
    Last edited by Thijs; 02-18-2016 at 05:50 AM.
    Alumnus
    Formula Student Team Delft

2007 - 2008: Powertrain, Suspension
    2009: Technical Lead
    2010 - present: Grumpy Old Fart/Concerned Citizen

points in stead of positions

You're right Kevin, points paint a fairer picture than overall positions so here's an additional comparison:

same as before for comparison:

same as before but points in stead of placing:

same as above but only dynamic points:
    Alumnus
    Formula Student Team Delft

2007 - 2008: Powertrain, Suspension
    2009: Technical Lead
    2010 - present: Grumpy Old Fart/Concerned Citizen

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3