+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ricardo Wave and Vectis FSAE license

Ricardo Wave and Vectis FSAE license

Hello

I sent an email to Ricardo to obtain Wave and Vectis on 1 March, after two days USA Client Service Manager answered softwares are free and our Faculty Advisor must only sign grant form to obtain them.

This email was also sent to Ricardo Representative in Italy to coordinate our grant request, so we contacted him but the procedure to obtain the license became very complex.

After one week Italian Representative sent us a 10 page contract (instead of 2 page FSAE grant request) which must be evaluated by University Legal Services Office and then signed by Dean of Industrial Engineering Department.

So I have a question for teams outside USA: have you used Ricardo FSAE grant request http://www.ricardo.com/PageFiles/302...20-%202015.pdf ?

Best Regards
    Marco

MiniCooper, the Grant Request says that you'll have to execute a "Master License Agreement" or MLA with Ricardo. That's what that 10 page contract was.

Somebody at your university has to be able to review it - either the IT department or the main administration will have the authority to enter into the contract.

(Off topic - I can post again! Locked out for four months, lost two long posts on vehicle dynamics and steering)
    Charles Kaneb
    Magna International
    FSAE Lincoln Design Judge - Frame/Body/Link judging area. Not a professional vehicle dynamicist.

Thank you Charles, I was a little bit confused because Italian Representative sent us directly MLA without Grant Request!

+ Reply to Thread