+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Electrical Design Engineer / Industrial Automation Designer - Monrovia, CA

Electrical Design Engineer / Industrial Automation Designer - Monrovia, CA

Current job posting can be found at: https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sg...237680788.html

We (www.the-pilot-group.com) are a ~20-person, engineering company that designs, builds, and installs prototype machines, instruments, and other equipment. We operate in a variety of fields: special effects, image processing, medical devices, superplastic titanium forming equipment, large telescopes, optics, specialized instruments, custom manufacturing and measurement equipment, and others. We have expertise in a variety of technologies, among them: mechanics, electro-mechanics, optics, software, dynamics, servo control, heavy machinery, instrumentation, electronics, embedded systems, thermo-sciences, and fluid flow.

Typically our work involves the design and fabrication of the first machine or instrument of its type. Our focus is on technical work with a practical result. A good job for us involves 80%-90% straight engineering with the remainder being some sort of extension of the state of the art. Our work sometimes results in a patentable invention.

We offer one-of-a-kind work, good people, a flexible working environment, a health plan, and we'll make the money right.

The Pilot Group is located in Monrovia, CA, about 15 minutes from Pasadena, and 30 minutes from downtown Los Angeles.

Electrical Design Engineer
    The work involves the design and assembly of the electrical, electronics, and control equipment for prototype machines, instruments, and system assembled in our shop. This is a hands-on position with just enough desk work to get the systems built and working. It will involve analog and digital design, embedded systems, and PLC machine controls.

Musts:
    A BS degree in electrical engineering
    Minimum of 5 years' experience
    Analog and digital design
    PLC systems
    A history of building things

Pluses:
    MS degree
    RF/Microwave
    Optics
    Mechanics
    Abilities in other areas?

Interested? We'd love to see your resume, and include a concise cover letter that highlights your strengths and experience.
    Last edited by Drew Price; 10-05-2015 at 06:21 PM.

Northwestern Formula Racing Alum
    Head Engineer, Frame/Suspension 2006-2009

My '73 Saab 99 Road Race Build

For the right candidate with hands-on experience we can waive the 5 years experience requirement above.

If you have had a hand in implementing driver info displays or controls or electric or hybrid powertrain systems on FSAE cars you would probably be a good fit for what we do.

Programming experience is a plus but necessary. We need someone who can spec components and start putting a system together without too much oversight.

If you're at all interested, send me a resume!

Bump. We are looking for ME's and EE's again. If you're interested in the industrial R&D and custom engineering world send me your details!

+ Reply to Thread