+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hoosier LC0 on 8in width wheel.

Hoosier LC0 on 8in width wheel.

Hello, all. I'm Jacob from the University of Texas - San Antonio. This is my third year as an FSAE member at our school. I am proud to say we successfully completed endurance at Lincoln this passed year, a first for our team in 20 years.

Last year when deciding what tires to run we saw that the LC0 tire prefers a 7in wide wheel over a 6in. I've narrowed down our wheel choices this year, and one is only offered in an 8in width. There is no tire data on the LC0 on an 8in wide wheel. My concern is that, if we did run the 8in wheel we would be in uncharted territory, with nothing to back it up other than convenience of purchasing wheels. Do the tires follow the trend they do from 6in to 7in to 8in? Or will performance drop off at 8in? Who knows? Has anyone run and LC0 on an 8in wheel?

I realize theres probably no right answer to this what with no ttc data to back it up, unless someone has measured this on their car. I'm just looking for opinions and insight.

Thanks.

I believe quite a few teams running 10"s do know... There is information posted here by Kettering Uni, which has run such tests in the past.

Awesome thank you sir. I'll get to searching.

+ Reply to Thread