+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Formula Student UK

Any info on retirements cause? Seems that DNF rates were pretty high once more..

Zurich had an IMD fault 1,5 laps from finish.
    -------------------------------------------
    Alumnus
    AMZ Racing
    ETH Zürich

2010-2011: Suspension
    2012: Aerodynamics
    2013: Technical Lead

2014: FSA Engineering Design Judge

Do you have any idea about the laptimes they were doing? FSUKLive decided it wasn't important enough to show them of most of the top-5

And the results:

http://events.imeche.org/formula-student/2015-results
    Last edited by BeunMan; 07-12-2015 at 02:55 PM.
    Tristan
    Delft '09 Team member, '10 - Chief Electronics
    'now' (Hardware) Security Engineer

Rennteam were posting laptimes on their twitter.
    Rain certainly made a difference then! Congrats to Delft, Zwickau and Rennteam on the top placings!
    Ryan Ockerby
    Monash Motorsport 2012-2015

Quote Originally Posted by JulianH View Post
    Zurich had an IMD fault 1,5 laps from finish.
    Julian,

That is most unfortunate ... they were going so well, 1st in Design, Acc, SP, and very fast in AutoX!

But something seems a bit funny with the scoring, with Zurich receiving NO points at all for Enduro? Other non-finishers still scored some points, so have their times showing?

And why only 149 points for 1st place in Design?

And what is an "IMD"?

Z

Insulation Monitoring Device.
    IMD.JPG
    Last edited by ritwikdas18; 07-12-2015 at 11:26 PM.
    Ritwik Das
    Inspired Karters
    BITS Pilani

All of my posts reflect my thoughts and not those of my team,university or anyone else except me

Quote Originally Posted by Z View Post
    Julian,
    And why only 149 points for 1st place in Design?
    Thats FSUK alright. Top5 get 13[0/5]+ points and then have to fight in the finals for the rest.

But something seems a bit funny with the scoring, with Zurich receiving NO points at all for Enduro? Other non-finishers still scored some points, so have their times showing?
    ... ... ... I was wrong, See posts lower down. They should be in the results.

The times I got were 66ish seconds for AMZ in the beginning when stuttgart was doing 68s and Delft 64s, but nothing official. The timing stopped, and so did the reports I got after a few laps.
    Last edited by BeunMan; 07-14-2015 at 03:29 AM.
    Tristan
    Delft '09 Team member, '10 - Chief Electronics
    'now' (Hardware) Security Engineer

Z,

yes, it was a shame to fail so close to the finish. I haven't heard from them but probably a bit of water got into the motors, that was usually our problem in the last years in heavy rain.

The Design Scoring in the UK is not always stretched to 150 points. I think we won Design back in 2013 also without the full points. Maybe because there is no perfect Design Event

I'm especially impressed with the SkidPad time of Zurich. It was the first event ever for the driver and he was a whopping whole tenth faster than any SkidPad time at a FSAE competition in the world ever. As far as I know, the "World Record" was a 4,733s from GFR at FSA last year.
    And the car was not equipped with the planned Rear Wheel Steer because it was a bit unstable at high speeds.
    Accel was a bit disappointing for the Electric cars, but the 60kW limit in the UK is really low...

I got the message that Zurich was faster than Delft in the second stint, so I guess it would have been close. But that does not count.

Hopefully the guys will get back on their feet and we are going to see an amazing FSG with Zurich, Delft, Greenteam Stuttgart, Karlsruhe and Munich battling it out!

Congrats to Delft. Once again, a nearly perfect competition. Impressive.
    -------------------------------------------
    Alumnus
    AMZ Racing
    ETH Zürich

2010-2011: Suspension
    2012: Aerodynamics
    2013: Technical Lead

2014: FSA Engineering Design Judge

Quote Originally Posted by JulianH View Post
    Hopefully the guys will get back on their feet and we are going to see an amazing FSG with Zurich, Delft, Greenteam Stuttgart, Karlsruhe and Munich battling it out!
    Ahh yes... definitely an advantage of living in Europe. So many FS comps to go to!

Good luck to all!

(And let's see some more World Records broken!)

Z

I can't find the You-Tube links right now, but interesting to note in Acceleration;

* ETH-Zurich had 4WD, ~60 kW, and time of 3.724s (FSUK 2015).
    * ECU (W-Oz) had 2WD, ~60 kW, and time of 3.80?s (FSAE-Oz 2014).

So well under 1/10 second difference. And much better times to come from ECU...

But most importantly...

... give me the combustion engine's exhaust note anytime ... over those horrible whining electric motors with their cross-cut-teeth gearboxes!!!

Julian, please, ... that is simply not socially responsible!

Z

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast