+ Reply to Thread

Thread: little help with the charging circuit please.

little help with the charging circuit please.

Hi there, we are using a ktm 500 engine this year for our formula car and we have a little problem with the charging circuit. We couldn't find which wire is responsible for charging our battery in midst of the wires present in wiring harness. So could anyone help ushow to find the charging wire from the engine or if some one using the same engine could probably tell us which is the charging wire (pics would be better)?. Our engine is a 2012 ktm 500.
    Thanks in advance.

Hi Bharanidhar,

KTM offers all of their full service manuals on DVD's. I was able to purchase mine from a local dealer, but they are also available online. www.ktmtalk.com is a good resource.

Manuals available at: http://50.249.93.75/munnracing/index.cfm?1=1

I am guessing you guys have a 2012 500 EXC, so I believe you would need P/N 3206209 which covers everything from 2008 -2015 - 400/450/500/530EXC/XCW.

These should have wiring diagrams, and part number diagrams, engine setup dimensions, etc.

I hope that helps!

Northwestern Formula Racing Alum
    Head Engineer, Frame/Suspension 2006-2009

My '73 Saab 99 Road Race Build

If you have not done so already, you may choose to introduce yourself before asking for help!

PS: I didn't realize there was another SAAB nut on this forum, Drew. We should talk sometime

Haha, hey. Several of my former team mates (and a few of the current NU guys still I believe) are into Saabs. Pretty odd.
    Last edited by Drew Price; 06-25-2015 at 05:45 PM.

Northwestern Formula Racing Alum
    Head Engineer, Frame/Suspension 2006-2009

My '73 Saab 99 Road Race Build

And guess what I am driving?
    Claude Rouelle
    OptimumG president
    Vehicle Dynamics & Race Car Engineering
    Training / Consulting / Simulation Software
    FS & FSAE design judge USA / Canada / UK / Germany / Spain / Italy / China / Brazil / Australia
    [url]www.optimumg.com[/u

Simple courtesy to introduce yourself

Bharanidhar,

Who are you, which team...?

Are the readers of this forum not worth to know who you are?
    Claude Rouelle
    OptimumG president
    Vehicle Dynamics & Race Car Engineering
    Training / Consulting / Simulation Software
    FS & FSAE design judge USA / Canada / UK / Germany / Spain / Italy / China / Brazil / Australia
    [url]www.optimumg.com[/u

IMG_edit.jpg

On the side of the KTM is this cable coming out of the generator cover (highlighted here in red). That cable is linked to the alternator. In the stock bike, the circuit provides both an AC and DC supplies so be aware of which does what and connect your rectifier appropriately. Since the engine in the picture is outfitted with an aftermarket alternator which only provides AC current it might look different from yours, but the location is the same. This information is easily found in the manuals available online and linked by Drew

Hi Bharanidhar,
    you should search for rectifier in your electrical system then you can definitely find charging wire
    the rectifier is the key for charging circuit

+ Reply to Thread