+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: DO I NEED TO TRIANGULATE DE FOLLOWING? chassis question TSR15

http://students.sae.org/cds/formulas...fsae_rules.pdf
    These are the 2015 Formula SAE rules.
    That is all the feedback I'm going to provide until Asier provides some information/research/analysis of their own.

-William

Hi guys,

CWA your answer is amazing, I feel what you say is totally true and makes 100% sense. I will take care of that triangulation and weld both blue bars. After all, the chassis weights 50kg and despite the weight being important we donīt care at all...

Will M you are right, that MH is bad welded and this is a problem I detected before. Definitively, we are manufacturing again the MH side of the frame.

Thank you so much for helping this beginner in the FSAE.

Best regards,

Asier Telleria

Asier,
    I don't think you understand.
    Regardless of how many tubes you weld into your chassis, it will not pass technical inspection at any FS/FSAE event!
    Go back and read the rules relating to the main roll hoop and its supports.

Pat Clarke.
    Last edited by Pat Clarke; 06-23-2015 at 12:36 AM.
    The trick is... There is no trick

Good morning Pat,

With the aforementioned points manufactured I believe there would not be any problem in the technical inspection.

However the following rule makes me think the opposite to be true..

T3.10.7 The minimum radius of any bend, measured at the tube centerline, must be at least three times the tube outside diameter. Bends must be smooth and continuous with no evidence of crimping or wall failure.

I will take a look in our CAD to be sure that the closest bend in the MH is right.

I guess that is the reason why of your post. Otherwise, what do you mean?

Thank you for your cooperation,

Asier Telleria

Asier,

I have posted specific details on the team facebook page so the team can see what the issues are.

I am also very offended by your private response, especially the language used.

I expect an apology

Pat Clarke

Hi Pat,

I am so sorry about what has happened. I worked very hard to get the chassis and the university credits, and I misunderstood your comments. I did not know to whom I was writing and I am really sorry…

I swore this is not going to happen any more, and I will inform myself to whom I am writing before.

My kindness regards,

Asier Telleria

Apology accepted Asier

Pat Clarke.

Glad to see that bridge fire put out in time.

Pat, would you be willing to share your thoughts on the frame with others here? It may benefit some different teams in the future, and I'd also certainly be keen to hear what you have to say for my own benefit. If it is personal advice that you would rather stays private then I understand.

CWA,
    The issue with Asier was a private one and is now in the past. It had nothing to do with the chassis design and the errors therein. These have already been highlighted several times.

Pat

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2