+ Reply to Thread

Thread: flexible brake hose ?

Question flexible brake hose ?

If I use flexible stainless steel braided lines for all brake system in our car. If allowed in the 2015 FSAE RULES ?

Many thanks,
    Ninda Kurniadi
    Garuda UNY Racing Team

Yes it's allowed.

Why shouldn't it be allowed. Have you found any rule which implise to you it could be forbidden? The very first thing you have to do when planning to design a formula student car is to study the rules very very carefully. Then study them again. Before you did that don't waste a single thought on concepts or technical solutions.

If something is not metioned at all in the rules it is free. For brake lines this is not the case. There is a rule (I won't look it up now) which tells you the requirements for brake lines. Opposed to many other rules this one is very clear and can hardly leave that question open.

Don't get me wrong. I don't mind that you might waste someone's time, when asking such a simple question here on the forum. I just don't want you to waste the time of a scrutineer at the event with a car which is far off from being rules compliant because you didn't know the rules.
    Rennteam Uni Stuttgart
    2008: Seat and Bodywork
    2009: Team captain

GreenTeam Uni Stuttgart
    2010: Seat and Bodywork / Lamination whore

Formula Student Austria
    2012: Operative Team

+ Reply to Thread