+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cost Report - Report Score

Cost Report - Report Score

Is there a description of the Cost Report - Report Score somewhere? I've checked the rules and looked for clarifications here on the forums but I haven't been able to find anything yet. My gut feeling is it's the "prettiness factor" but I'd rather have an official description.
    Dalhousie University
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    2012 to Present - Chassis (Frame, Suspension, Steering)

I think the report score is a pretty subjective review of which reports follow the expected format and contain the information the judges are expecting. Can I find where you costed your control arm fasteners? Can I say that you reasonably used the material stock you said you started with? Stuff like that I guess.

I did some analysis on cost report scores last year and couldn't find any correlation between report score and anything else. I guess it's like the presentation event. One will think you don't have enough supporting documentation, another may think you have so much it's confusing. Subjective scoring is funny like that sometimes...
    Kettering University Vehicle Dynamics
    Formula SAE 2010 - 2015
    Clean Snowmobile Powertrain 2012 - 2015

Boogityland 2015 - Present

That's the impression I got too, but I was hoping I was just missing something that described how it was distinct from the other categories. That way we can actually, you know, teach people how to do it properly. I guess my take on it is: "How many warm-n-fuzzies does the report offer? (Max. 20)"
    Dalhousie University
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    2012 to Present - Chassis (Frame, Suspension, Steering)

+ Reply to Thread