+ Reply to Thread

Thread: part racing for HUSQVARNA SM630

Question part racing for HUSQVARNA SM630

Hello,

I want to ask about where purchase for spare part racing for HUSQVARNA SM630 ?
    Anyone can help me ?

Thanks,

Perhaps go to your local Husqvarna dealer or whoever you got the motor from. It sure looks like there is a dealer in Indonesia so I'm really wondering why you are asking...
    Jim
    "Old guy #1" at UCONN Racing

Jay Swift
    Combustion Powertrain
    Global Formula Racing 2013-2014

Quote Originally Posted by jd74914 View Post
    Perhaps go to your local Husqvarna dealer or whoever you got the motor from. It sure looks like there is a dealer in Indonesia so I'm really wondering why you are asking...
    I am looking for spare part racing ready to use not original part. In Indonesia difficult to find this spare parts.
    Last edited by Ninda Kurniadi; 12-08-2014 at 10:39 PM.

In Indonesia difficult to find spare part racing ready to use like camshaft, valve, connecting rod, valve spring, piston for husqvarna SM630
    Last edited by Ninda Kurniadi; 12-08-2014 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninda Kurniadi View Post
    In Indonesia difficult to find spare part racing ready to use like camshaft, valve, connecting rod, valve spring, piston for husqvarna SM630
    In that case, I wonder if it was a good idea to choose that engine for your car?
    Jay Swift
    Combustion Powertrain
    Global Formula Racing 2013-2014

Ninda,
    Why do you need 'racing parts' for your Husky? Just getting the standard engine to run properly in restricted form is enough of a challenge!
    For an inexperienced team, building and running a FS/FSAE car has enough pitfalls without getting involved with modifying the engine with 'racing parts'!
    FS/FSAE is not all about horsepower and having a running car at the event is far more important than having a 'Racing Engine' in a car that is not finished!

What event have you entered?
    What University do you represent?

Pat Clarke
    The trick is... There is no trick

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Clarke View Post
    Ninda,
    Why do you need 'racing parts' for your Husky? Just getting the standard engine to run properly in restricted form is enough of a challenge!
    For an inexperienced team, building and running a FS/FSAE car has enough pitfalls without getting involved with modifying the engine with 'racing parts'!
    FS/FSAE is not all about horsepower and having a running car at the event is far more important than having a 'Racing Engine' in a car that is not finished!

What event have you entered?
    What University do you represent?

Pat Clarke
    oh..OKAY
    My team will take part in 2015 SFJ
    Universitas Negeri Yogyakarta, Indonesia

Thank you Pat

Ninda,

There are lots of online order companies that sell performance parts for motorcycles. Lots of them are based in the US, UK, and elsewhere in Europe and Australia. Searching for some of those should turn up some options.

Some time with Google and Google Translate turned on should give you some options. There are likely lots of places in Austria, Germany, and Spain that carry or make lots of parts to fit the SMR 630 (I don't believe it was sold in the US), you will just have to look around for them.

Probably the most difficult part will be figuring out how to pay for the parts and get reimbursed from your school properly. At least that was one of our big problems.

As Pat said just getting the engine to run correctly on the restrictor is a huge challenge. You have an advantage with that Husqvarna engine because it came factory fuel injected, so at least you have all of the fuel injection components there already! There may even be a semi-programmable ECU that you can plug right in that will let you map the engine to run correctly with the restrictor.
    Last edited by Drew Price; 12-09-2014 at 06:50 PM.

Northwestern Formula Racing Alum
    Head Engineer, Frame/Suspension 2006-2009

My '73 Saab 99 Road Race Build

+ Reply to Thread