+ Reply to Thread

Thread: About selenoid shifter

About selenoid shifter

Hi everyone

I have some problem about solenoid shifter controller design. Firstly, we are using cbr600rr engine and it's gearbox
    you know that gear sequence is 1 n 2 3 4 5 6 and first problem neutral gear, if you want to take neutral gear of car
    you pull half of the gear lever from 1 to n and full pull its going to second gear but my solenoid working 100% or 0%
    how can i control it?
    Secondly, sequential gearbox need ignition cutting for changing gear level. When i make a external ignition cutter,
    does ecu give error? or shold i cut ignition and fuel at same time ?
    Our target time is 0.1 sec. when i cut the ignition or fuel and ignition, how much time shold I cut? 0.1 sec or 0.1sec + dead time?

I am waiting your advices thanks a lot

ilker

http://bit.ly/1zMutS7

Think a little about how the solenoid works and what you want to achieve and then probably you can figure out how to implement it
    Johan Sahlström

Lund University 2010-2015

What solenoid shifter are you using? we are using a KlikTronic also with a CBR600RR, I'm not sure exactly how it works but if I remember correctly it requires a half pull on the paddle to get to neutral, consider connecting the neutral switch on the gearbox to a light on the dash so you can see if you've done it correctly. We were actually considering removing first gear so that this issue was removed completely, might be worth considering?

For flat shifts it depends what ECU you are using, we are using an OBR Euro 4 which has a switched input for a flat shift, we just connected the switch for the change up paddle back to this input and that worked fine, of course, you have to make sure you have the ECU setup to understand flat shifting, no point doing it on an ECU that doesn't support it (in my opinion) then there's also the question of do you really need flat shifting? why do you think it will help? I know that a MegaSquirt ECU can also support flat shifting so if you're stuck for budget you may want to try this route.

Why not operate the solenoid between 0 and 100% (ex: 50% output for a small duration) and see if you can get it into neutral?

Another option is to modify the shift drum. I recently got done modifying a drum myself to achieve a N-1-2 pattern keeping a full shift between 1st and 2nd (still have to run the engine in the car, but shifting by hand was successful).

A half shift button is perhaps the easier solution, but I like the shift drum modification because it is a more permanent solution that doesn't require any extra buttons.
    University of Florida - Gator Motorsports
    Project Manager (2012 - 2013)
    Electrical System Leader (2010 - 2015)
    Powertrain/Engine Tuner (2011 - 2015)

+ Reply to Thread