+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking for an older version of MoTeC ACL Manager

Looking for an older version of MoTeC ACL Manager

Hey guys,

I'm actually graduated and in industry but I know there a number of teams using MoTec stuff so maybe someone can help me out. The latest version of ACL Manager (1.70Z, came out around September 4th) doesn't play nice with Windows XP. I'm looking for the previous version of 1.7 (1.70Y or 1.70.19.0) to run on our dyno computers. MoTec site doesn't have it and MoTec support hasn't been helpful, apparently only the Australia location keeps old versions around. Does anyone have the installer sitting in their downloads folder by any chance?

Regards,
    Xander
    Rensselaer Motorsport (RPI)
    Engine, Drivetrain, Electrical Lead 2012-2014
    Mechanical Engineering

Obvious question... why are you still running XP? Haha. Pretty straightforward to move over to Windows 7.

-Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Feldkamp View Post
    Obvious question... why are you still running XP? Haha. Pretty straightforward to move over to Windows 7.

-Kirk
    I don't know if this is his case or not, but the control computers for both of our dynos run XP. I'm not sure that the software (or the ISA cards for one of them) will run on a newer computer, and I'm sure windows 7 won't run on it.
    Andrew Palardy
    Kettering University - Computer Engineering, FSAE, Clean Snowmobile Challenge
    Williams International - Commercial Turbofan Controls and Accessories

"Sometimes, the elegant implementation is a function. Not a method. Not a class. Not a framework. Just a function." ~ John Carmack

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" ~Arthur C. Clarke

First, I got the software from MoTec so I should be set on that.

As for XP... you know how it is, folks don't want to change it if it works fine. When I started the job it was on XP and it worked so they kept it. But my solution to this problem will probably be a 7 upgrade.
    Rensselaer Motorsport (RPI)
    Engine, Drivetrain, Electrical Lead 2012-2014
    Mechanical Engineering

The main Motec Australia website seams to have lots of old versions available for download, keep looking.
    http://www.motec.com.au/software/oldreleases/

And the forum there is fairly good also. It seam an actual Motec man answers most questions in 24hr.
    http://www.motec.com.au/forum/

But I have a question of my own. I want to download an old manager program for M400 that works on Windows 7. I download, but it won't install automatically and I don't know what file to open to get that started. ????
    University of Tasmania (UTAS)

+ Reply to Thread