+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Radiator manufacturing

Radiator manufacturing

Hi , it's a new team again , so we'd be glad if we could find some useful information here . I'm responsible for the cooling system and i'd like to inquire about several things.
    Firstly , considering the fins type , is there a type of fins better to use than the louver fins , and by better i refer to both the cooling efficiency and contribution to volume reduction ???
    Secondly , we , here in Egypt , suffer from the lack of manufacturing capabilities to the extent that we can hardly find a manufacturer to make a radiator with louver fins instead of strip fins , so i'd really be grateful if anyone could help me contact a manufacturer in any other country to whom we can send the design details and then , he sends us the radiator via any means.
    Thirdly , considering the tubes number and configuration , would you prefer the tubes to be in line or somehow ladder-shaped and would you prefer to increase or decrease the number of in line-tubes if this configuration was used ???
    Finally , if it happens that the engine will arrive late and i want to go on with the design procedure , can i consider that Qto be removed by the radiator = (fuel mass flow rate * its calorific value)/3 , if this would yield a wrong design , if anyone knows by experience , i'd be grateful to know
    thx,
    Mohab

Mohab, have you checked the stickys?
    Johan Sahlström

Lund University 2010-2015

Not all of them they contain answers to my questions ??
    Last edited by mohab atef; 10-17-2014 at 01:33 PM.

+ Reply to Thread