+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking for video footage of the 1998 competition, FSAE Michigan or Formula Student

Looking for video footage of the 1998 competition, FSAE Michigan or Formula Student

I'm looking for video footage of the 1998 competition. Particularly, I want footage of UTA's 98 car. UTA's 98 car was one of four Formula SAE cars that used a 4 cylinder 250cc engine (19,500 rpm redline). The sound of these engines brings a smile to my face. Unfortunately, the 98 car was savagely molested by a senior design project and has not tuned a lap in anger for ten years. I would greatly appreciate any one who can provide video footage that might include UTA's 98 car.

Thanks
    John Burford

http://www.racecar-engineering.com/a...r-competition/

Kettering University Vehicle Dynamics
    Formula SAE 2010 - 2015
    Clean Snowmobile Powertrain 2012 - 2015

Boogityland 2015 - Present

MCoach

When you watch that video (England MIRA 1998), watch when the sun makes the tachometer needle visible. When the needle is vertical that is 15,000 rpm.

John B

It indeed sounds glorious! It happens to have a 250cc I4 Kawasaki motor laying around here...

If the rumoured power limit for 4WD electric cars comes through in 2015, I will try to talk the new team into building something like this.
    DUT Racing Team (Delft) 2008-2010

+ Reply to Thread