+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to make a Carbon fiber Arm bond?

How to make a Carbon fiber Arm bond?

We are collecting some informations to manufacture Carbon fiber Arm. We used to use Steal pipe to make Arm.
    To manufacture Carbon Arm, unite the bracket ,which is made by Aluminum, to the end of Carbon pipe but we don't know the information of carbon bond
    so we are requesting you to help us.

We are appreciate if you notice us what the black strong bond which is commonly used to unite Carbon and the processing of metal is and where I can buy it. Besides,
    if it have to be mixed, please tell us how we can make it.
    (For exemple, how to used LOCTITE 9430. )

Because we are in korea and Carbon fiber is too unique to know the information.
    Therefore, we are asking your help. We are looking forward to answering from you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanryeol View Post
    We are collecting some informations to manufacture Carbon fiber Arm. We used to use Steal pipe to make Arm.
    To manufacture Carbon Arm, unite the bracket ,which is made by Aluminum, to the end of Carbon pipe but we don't know the information of carbon bond
    so we are requesting you to help us.

We are appreciate if you notice us what the black strong bond which is commonly used to unite Carbon and the processing of metal is and where I can buy it. Besides,
    if it have to be mixed, please tell us how we can make it.
    (For exemple, how to used LOCTITE 9430. )

Because we are in korea and Carbon fiber is too unique to know the information.
    Therefore, we are asking your help. We are looking forward to answering from you.
    Which university and who are you?
    Also what is this black strong bond you speak of because I would also like to know?

But it really depends on the loads you are designing for and such.
    My views, thoughts and wording do not reflect those of Carleton University in any way, shape or form.
    "The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will." - Vince Lombardi

CU FS Ravens Racing - Powertrain Dev. 2014
    CU FS Ravens Racing - Team Lead/Tooling 2013/2014
    CU FSAE Ravens Racing (Volunteer Team) - Team Lead/Structures/Manufacturing 2012/2013
    CU FSAE Ravens Racing (Volunteer Team) - Team Lead 2011/2012

+ Reply to Thread