+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Air tank refill in Competitions.

Air tank refill in Competitions.

Hello, I am George and this year we are going to 3 compeitions. Germany, Hungary and Italy.
    So, we are using a pneumatic system for clutch and gearshift for first year and I have a question.

Is there any place in Hockenheim, Gyor and Varano in which I could refill the paintball tank we use for the system or the scuba tank we have for refill of the paintball tank?
    Both of the tanks are for 300 bar/4500 psi.
    Is there any machine that could do the job on the place of the track? Or any place around but not more 30 km away that could refill the tank if it is needed?

Thank you

Hi George,
    double posting is not a nice move.
    However,
    there will usually not be the chance to fill your air tank directly on site in Germany, at least no commercial one. But I think that other teams will be happy to help you out.
    Regards,

Tobias

Formula Student Germany
    FSE Rules & Organisation
    http://twitter.com/TobiasMic
    http://TobiasMic.Blogspot.com

Not many people know the difference between resolution and accuracy.

I'd also say that other teams might be able to help you out. But at least at FSG you're not far away from Karlsruhe. There you should find a scuba shop where you can fill it.
    Rennteam Uni Stuttgart
    2008: Seat and Bodywork
    2009: Team captain

GreenTeam Uni Stuttgart
    2010: Seat and Bodywork / Lamination whore

Formula Student Austria
    2012: Operative Team

In the US it is illegal to transport more than 230 bar on the roads. In Germany I think 300 bar is the limit. Nonetheless, expect to easily find 230 bar and plan your car accordingly.
    Jay Swift
    Combustion Powertrain
    Global Formula Racing 2013-2014

So I will post where I found shops that could fill the scuba diving tank

Germany : Deepstop GmbH, Duisburger Straße 4 about 15 minutes by car from Hockenheimring

Hungaru : diver.hu Székesfehérvár Mikszáth Kálmán street 9 about 1hour and 15 minutes by car from Gyor

Italy : I have not found anything yet relatively close

Quote Originally Posted by TMichaels View Post
    Hi George,
    double posting is not a nice move.
    However,
    there will usually not be the chance to fill your air tank directly on site in Germany, at least no commercial one. But I think that other teams will be happy to help you out.
    Ok I thought I was going crazy when I swear I read this before. Anyways, when I was talking to RiT racing they showed me this niffty little device called the shoe box compressor. All you need is any regular air supply and it can fill Hpa paintball paints in an hour or so.

http://www.shoeboxcompressor.com/

check it out and hope it helps!
    My views, thoughts and wording do not reflect those of Carleton University in any way, shape or form.
    "The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will." - Vince Lombardi

CU FS Ravens Racing - Powertrain Dev. 2014
    CU FS Ravens Racing - Team Lead/Tooling 2013/2014
    CU FSAE Ravens Racing (Volunteer Team) - Team Lead/Structures/Manufacturing 2012/2013
    CU FSAE Ravens Racing (Volunteer Team) - Team Lead 2011/2012

+ Reply to Thread