+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 2014 fsuk

I have been updating the FSAE-A facebook page whenever possible, though the internet is a scarce find haha.
    https://www.facebook.com/FSAEAustralasia

Went to the awards ceremony last night. ECU received two awards, Monash 1, DUT 1, Uni Petras 1, Zurich 1, Aberdeen 1 (and I am missing a heap of the rest). A nice spread of award receivers. The GKN award for the 'IC Lightest car and Most Cost Effective' went to Oxford Brookes, though was incorrectly given as the organisers didn't record Lund University's weight at scrutineering. (Maybe other cars might not have had their weights recorded either?) Both teams have done well and are worthy of the award though.
    Last edited by Tonks; 07-13-2014 at 04:38 AM.
    Madeleine Tonkin
    The University of Adelaide Motorsport Team (2011, 2012, 2013)
    Lund University Racing (2014)

Madeleine,

Apparently the trophy that says 'Lightest Vehicle' simply doesn't go to the lightest vehicle.
    Oxford Brookes is 18 kg heavier than Lund, and Zwickau (who got the ´Lightest Electric Vehicle´ award), are 15 kg heavier than Delft, even though all these weights were surely known to the judges.

Thijs,

I think just the wording on the trophy seems from. According to the Event Guide, the awards are named "GKN Award for the Lightest Weight & Best Value Electric Vehicle" and "GKN Award for the Lightest Weight & Best Value ICE".
    Zwickau is a much "simpler" car compared to Delft (no wings, no 4WD, no freaky wheelhubs, no customized tires...), maybe the judges thought it was a better bang for the buck.

I can't say anything about Brooks and Lund... Brooks are in the Design Top3, they seem to be very good, maybe that was a factor...
    -------------------------------------------
    Alumnus
    AMZ Racing
    ETH Zürich

2010-2011: Suspension
    2012: Aerodynamics
    2013: Technical Lead

2014: FSA Engineering Design Judge

Quote Originally Posted by JulianH View Post
    I can't say anything about Brooks and Lund... Brooks are in the Design Top3, they seem to be very good, maybe that was a factor...
    Brookes won design according to the results https://www.facebook.com/RennteamUni...type=1&theater. The feedback for Delft was too expensive (which is absolutely true, has been since '10) what I have heard. Probably too for AMZ.

Design:
    1. OxBrookes
    2. Stuttgart,
    3. AMZ
    4. Delft
    5. KITc
    6. Chalmers

Scores (By Jasper) after design without cost finals:
    1. Delft 520.03
    2. ETH 501.37
    3. KITc 468.81
    4. Stuttgart 458.44 (Can get extra points on cost)
    5. OBR 450.62
    6. Monash 432.08
    7. Chalmers 425.54
    8. Bath 423.93
    Last edited by BeunMan; 07-13-2014 at 07:09 AM.
    Tristan
    Delft '09 Team member, '10 - Chief Electronics
    'now' (Hardware) Security Engineer

OBR, Delft and ETH all had problems in endurance. KIT were quick (Zurich fastest lap).

will be close this one
    Cairo University Racing Team Technical Director 2011-2012
    Tyres and Vehicle dynamics
    Suspension team head 2010

But Zürich were also in trouble at the start of their endurance.

I have kept scores quite closely but I haven't been able to record proper laptimes. As far as I can judge it, Stuttgart is in best position for the overall win with Oxford Brookes second. But I don't know just how much time Delft lost (and how many cones Stuttgart clipped, I heard rumours that it were quite a few) plus efficiency will come into play. So with a little luck Delft might pop up on top, but they may as well end 4th or 5th...

I'm glad I'm not part of the team anymore, my heart would be racing like mad.

Jasper, I think you are a bit wrong here

If the Efficiency results are comparable to 2013, Delft will win by far. I sadly don't know any Brooks times but I think they were too far away.

According to my estimate of Efficiency the final results should be:
    Delft
    Karlsruhe
    Stuttgart or Zurich

Delft will win by about 40 points.
    -------------------------------------------
    Alumnus
    AMZ Racing
    ETH Zürich

2010-2011: Suspension
    2012: Aerodynamics
    2013: Technical Lead

2014: FSA Engineering Design Judge

@Jasper: You should be able to extract the overall Endurance times of each team form the FSUKLive Twitter channel.
    Regards,

Tobias

Formula Student Germany
    FSE Rules & Organisation
    http://twitter.com/TobiasMic
    http://TobiasMic.Blogspot.com

Not many people know the difference between resolution and accuracy.

Due to the slower overall times the efficiency score will also be lower.
    Tristan

Quote Originally Posted by TMichaels View Post
    @Jasper: You should be able to extract the overall Endurance times of each team form the FSUKLive Twitter channel.
    Those times include the driver change. There is no way to know how long they took, somewhere between 2-3 minutes or longer. Unless you start counting all the laptimes which aren't all there.

And the design scores are in: http://events.imeche.org/docs/defaul...n.pdf?sfvrsn=0
    Last edited by BeunMan; 07-13-2014 at 10:56 AM.
    Tristan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast