+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2014 FSAE Lincoln

2014 FSAE Lincoln

With the competition approaching and not an official thread yet, why not start one? Anyone out there with any twitter lists to follow? Audio/video streaming from the event maybe? "Just" pictures? Bring 'em on!

"Formula SAE" is supposed to be providing a Twitter/Facebook feed of some sort. I'm not sure how updated that will be.
    University of North Texas - FSAE '12-'13 [1st year for UNT], '13-'14

Weather still looks decent, 80's-90's with a small chance of rain spread out.
    Adam
    Any views or opinions expressed by me may in no way reflect those of Kettering University, it's students and administrators, or our sponsors.

I am attending as E-Scrutineer and also handling the Energy Meters.
    Preparations are well underway. Yesterday it was hot, humid and very windy and it will probably stay like this for the entire competition.
    I will try to tweet here and there and also provide pictures. Tweeting will depend on WiFi coverage on the event site though.
    Regards,

Tobias

Formula Student Germany
    FSE Rules & Organisation
    http://twitter.com/TobiasMic
    http://TobiasMic.Blogspot.com

Not many people know the difference between resolution and accuracy.

Here is a low speed video of the AutoX course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plWVr-MeR40
    Last edited by raitinger; 06-17-2014 at 11:09 PM.

Wow,
    Both autocross and endurance courses look WAY too fast! The fact that a full size car (corvette/camaro?) can make it through without any problem and be well into 2nd gear should concern the course makers and the event organizers.

There is no way a car would make it through FSG, FSA, or Michigan at that speed.

I hope someone will post their average speed after the event.

Quote Originally Posted by dr. ill View Post
    Wow,
    Both autocross and endurance courses look WAY too fast! The fact that a full size car (corvette/camaro?) can make it through without any problem and be well into 2nd gear should concern the course makers and the event organizers.
    I'm pretty sure that is a miata not a vette/camaro.
    '01-'06 Cal Poly Pomona

Pretty sure thats a Lambo, dude.

Anyways, yeah that autocross course is insanely fast. I get that wings are the new thing, but aren't the courses supposed to be sub-45 mph average? I'd like to congratulate the first team to have either a post-90 mph top speed or a post-60 mph average. I see both of them happening on that course. That's a Nationals course, not an FSAE course.

Also, holy crap is that a long endurance lap. I like that track though. Reasonably technical with some big turns. We're still going to see wings filling the top 10 overall though.
    Any views or opinions expressed by me may in no way reflect those of Stewart-Haas Racing, Kettering University, or their employees, students, administrators or sponsors.

Quote Originally Posted by dr. ill View Post
    Wow,

There is no way a car would make it through FSG, FSA, or Michigan at that speed.

I hope someone will post their average speed after the event.
    Dr. Ill, you are correct, this was a full size.....miata. I guess the idea that it could be mistaken as a corvette, will be taken as a compliment. This course was faster than some, but the average speeds were all sub ~38mph. I think many people are getting fooled from the "fish eye" prospective of the GoPro. I've had multiple comments from teams saying, that the course was much tighter than they anticipated.

"There is no way a car would make it through FSG, FSA, or Michigan at that speed."

You show me a tiny challenging course, and I'll stick a miata in it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast