+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Belly pans

Talking Belly pans

Hi every body
    I want to know where can I make hole to respect this law:

"IC2.7.3 Belly pans must be vented to prevent accumulation of fuel. At least 2 holes, each of a minimum
    diameter of 25 mm, must be provided in the lowest part of the structure in such a way as to prevent
    accumulation of volatile liquids and/or vapours."

Should it be in the floor panel?
    if any body can show sample of this in pic it will be more useful,
    Thanks
    FUM Racing Team
    Ferdowsi University of Mashhad -Iran (2012-2016)
    www.caspianFSAE.ir

Yes, if any floor panel is used beneath the fuel tank and/or engine, it should have the aforementioned openings in the lowest part of it.

Farzaneh,
    As organizers, while we do not like fluids being dumped on the track we like having gasoline laying in a puddle under the driver's butt or under the engine waiting to catch on fire even less!

So, as Harry says, put the two 25 mm holes in the lowest parts of the bellypan or undertray that are under the fuel tank and fuel system.

Michael Royce.

Michael ,you mean for example if I fix the fuel tank on the floor pan ,extended before seat and firewall ,I should make hole in the floor pan under the fuel tank,to avoid fuel leakage to other zones like engine or driver and fuel poured to ground?
    FUM Racing Team
    www.caspianFSAE.ir

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Royce View Post
    Farzaneh,
    As organizers, while we do not like fluids being dumped on the track we like having gasoline laying in a puddle under the driver's butt or under the engine waiting to catch on fire even less!

So, as Harry says, put the two 25 mm holes in the lowest parts of the bellypan or undertray that are under the fuel tank and fuel system.

Michael Royce.
    Michael ,you mean for example if I fix the fuel tank on the floor pan ,extended before seat and firewall ,I should make hole in the floor pan under the fuel tank,to avoid fuel leakage to other zones like engine or driver and fuel poured to ground?
    FUM Racing Team
    www.caspianFSAE.ir

Belly Pan Holes

Farzaneh,

Sorry, but I cannot understand your last post.

The best thing you can do is to send a question to the competition in which you are entered. You will probably be asked to attach a picture of the design you are proposing. That will give you an official answer, because irrespective of all the opinions on this Forum, you will not get an official answer here.

Michael Royce.

+ Reply to Thread