+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Texas Autocross Weekend 2014

Texas Autocross Weekend 2014

UTA will be hosting the 14th annual "Texas Autocross Weekend" on the weekend of July 11-13. The original intent was for Texas and Oklahoma schools to get together, but it has grown to be a national event with schools from Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Kansas, Ohio, Canada, Alabama, South Dakota, Florida, Michigan, etc. joining us for a weekend of pure FSAE racing. This is a time to observe cars in a more relaxed setting and to see how you stack up against some of the best FSAE cars in the country. Last year we have had 9 schools represented, 29 FSAE cars, and 160 students attending the event. Local spectators and sponsors attend. Some schools attend without cars just to learn.

The venue is an open house and social Friday night at the UTA shop to view our shop and fleet of cars and to do any last minute repairs.

Saturday will be a competition at UTA's big lot with a traditional FSAE course in the morning and a more open course in the afternoon. Saturday's driving is open to anyone and will be timed by the Texas Region of SCCA. The 100 dB at 50' sound level will be enforced. Texas-style BBQ will be served at lunch. Saturday night will be a pizza party sponsored by GoEngineer to hear about new features of SolidWorks and SolidWorks Simulation www.GoEngineer.com/.

Again this year, the Sunday event will be on our campus and hosted by SCCA. They will allow up to 4 drivers per car. Entry fee will be $10 per driver and each driver will get 4 runs in a true autocross style. The 100 dB at 50' sound level will be enforced. You will be on your own for lunch (several fast foods across the street).

Please e-mail me directly if you intend to attend. We will handle all details of registration through our own e-mail list.

-Dr. Bob Woods
    Woods@uta.edu
    817 996 0707 cell

If you are planning to come to this year's Texas Autocross, I need the following registration details so I can make arrangements for food, order T-shirts, etc. Please get all of this information to me by 4 July, otherwise we won’t have a T-shirt for you.

1. When you will arrive.
    2. The names of all team members and guests that will be attending.
    3. What cars will you bring: the year competed, and the number on the side of the car.
    4. Who will drive at UTA on Saturday (every driver gets a unique race number for scoring).
    5. Who will drive at the SCCA event on Sunday and which car they will drive.
    6. How many will attend the social Friday night.
    7. How many will attend the SolidWorks / Simulation presentation and pizza party Saturday night.
    8. Who will want to order a T-shirt and what sizes (you will have to pay $10/shirt if you order one).

There is no registration fee for the activities on Friday or Saturday. You will get snacks Friday night and two meals on Saturday paid by our sponsors. If you order a T-shirt you will have to buy it for $10. If you enter the SCCA autocross on Sunday you have to pay the $10 entry fee.

The recommended event motel is Parkway Inn International. They are located at 703 Benge Drive just off Cooper Street and directly across the street from the UTA track. Their local phone number is 817 860 2323. Mention UTA Car Race.
    http://travel.yahoo.com/p-hotel-3987...nn_arlington-i

Please e-mail me directly to register.

Dr. Bob Woods
    Woods@uta.edu
    817 996 0707 cell

Looking forward to the weekend of heat stroke and gas fumes!

http://vimeo.com/98685896

The Texas Autocross was a well run event as usual, major thanks go to Dr. Bob and UTA. I had the chance to capture various footage including some aerial and I put this little film together.
    Take a look, especially if you're a fan of "Truth in 24".

http://vimeo.com/101401242

Also, if some of the attending teams want to see additional footage of their cars, drop me an email and I'll see what I can find. awilsoproduction@gmail.com

chris

+ Reply to Thread