+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Alternative Steering Rack Supplier

Hi Guys,

I have been looking at the interest into quality steering racks and i was interested to hear problems with BRT as a company.

I am technical director for Titan Motorsport and Automotive Engineering based in the UK and have been supplying quality race car steering racks for over 30 years.

Please look at website and Quote my name when talking to my dedicated team, these guys will help you out straight away, longest turn around on products if new castings required is 4 weeks.

www.titan.uk.net

Ask for Zoe Timbrell (Sales Manager)

Hope this helps guys I would like to expand my products into more series in USA.

Cheers

David Doswell (Technical Director)

We used Titan racks for years and were always pleased with the adjustment and reliability. I'd certainly recommend them at this level. We moved away from Titan 2 years ago because they would not make one small enough for our car, so we had to get one custom-made from a much more expensive supplier.
    "Gute Fahrer haben die Fliegenreste auf den Seitenscheiben."
    --Walter Röhrl

Titan have managed to redesign case to allow for less teeth on rack bar meaning that the actual case can now be alot smaller than previous style. We offer full CNC machining facilities to make bespoke steering for prototyping or new car product development.
    Nice to hear feedback, good luck guys with your car developments!!! David.

Hi David,

Does your company provide CAD models of the racks you supply? If not what level of technical information do you provide to design your racks into a vehicle?

Cheers

Olly

ACME Racing
    UNSW@ADFA
    Olly

Academy Racing 04-07, 09-11
    UNSW@ADFA

Hi Olly,

We use Inventor as a CAD package and can supply full 3D file, (STP - IGES - STL etc).

If you have an application just e-mail me @ david.doswell@titan.uk.net

We offer a free design for Formula students then a discounted rack and pinion assy. See website it shows we support formula student mainly in Europe but we want to supply to all teams around the world as it is excellent to help young engineers out! They made end up being next Race Car Designers of the future. I know that we helped the owner of Ariel Atom chief designer when he was student now look at his company?

Cheers

David

I went through Andy at Titan Motorsports North America and we've always been happy with these racks.
    Ryan M.

Yep, another vote for Titan from Cardiff! Always been helpful - and very pleased to hear you can now supply smaller racks etc.

Al
    Alastair Clarke
    Cardiff Racing
    CARDIFF UNIVERSITY, UK
    www.cardiffracing.com

+ Reply to Thread