+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: pacejka MF5.2 /2002 equations

pacejka MF5.2 /2002 equations

Hello,

i´m thinking to build up some Excelspreadsheets for pacejka MF5.2 coef. To plot FY vs. SA and so on. But at the Moment i strungel a little bit where to find the rigth pacejka MF5.2 or 2002 equations. With the ttc Data there is a PDF with the Stackpol pacejka 96 equations but im not sure what is the differents and additional coef. and equations.

Is there someone who can send me the equations?

Thank you

And you are?
    Claude Rouelle
    OptimumG president
    Vehicle Dynamics & Race Car Engineering
    Training / Consulting / Simulation Software
    FS & FSAE design judge USA / Canada / UK / Germany / Spain / Italy / China / Brazil / Australia
    [url]www.optimumg.com[/u

Usually wouldn't care that much to throw this much of a bone, but... Google: adams tire pdf pac2002

I second adams help file - it is a great reference. Also, there is an explanation in HBP's book.
    Last edited by slicktop; 02-28-2014 at 04:18 PM.
    Fitz Matush
    Auto Seat Tester

You want chapter 4.3.2 of pacejka's book. A google search turned up this on the front page:

http://www.rmcet.com/lib/E-Books/Mec...e_Dynamics.pdf

So how do you pronounce Pacejka? I've always wondered. I think it's pa-sedge-ka.
    Fitz Matush
    Auto Seat Tester

Quote Originally Posted by slicktop View Post
    So how do you pronounce Pacejka? I've always wondered. I think it's pa-sedge-ka.
    pa - jay - ka

Thank you all for your replys.

@Mr. Claude, sorry i´m Ben i´m a Member of the OWL Racing Team from Germany, we were just new to the TTC and Tiremodeling.

Hi everyone. I am Viv from University of Toronto. I was looking to create MATLAB simulations which require Tire Models specifically the Pacejka 2002 tire models. I have fit models using Optimum Tire. Now I was looking to program the model equations into Matlab and use these coefficients to generate forces for simulation. My resource for the equations is an ADAMS Tire pdf explaining the pac2002 models.

The problem: the tire curves generated by my simulation are wrong when camber effects are included. At zero camber I get curves that look identical to those generated by Optimum Tire. Upon adding any amount of camber the curves have the same general trend but are not identical to those plotted by Optimum Tire. I have attached the pdf of the equations, and two images showing the optimum tire curves and my curves. In the pdf for steady-state lateral, there is an equation for camber stiffness which is not used in any of the other equations (could this be a problem)?

Capture.JPGCapture1.JPGCapture3.JPGCapture4.JPG

Viv,

The first thing to check in all this tyre modelling business is the units and reference system.

I can't read the equations on my dumb phone at the moment but I have seen that the Adams implememtation is different to what is in pacejka's book. I assume (maybe Claude can confirm) that optimum T uses the formulation in Pacejka's book. If you can get hold of that book (tire & vehicle dynamics) you can do a comparison of the 2 formulations.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast