+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Accumulator Container Specs

Accumulator Container Specs

Hi,

I have a query regarding the accumulator container material specifications. We have an option of using Glass Reinforced Polyester Sheets or Aluminium Sheets. The Aluminium sheets are definitely stronger than the Polyester sheets,but it has been quite difficult to find the mechanical properties of standard fire resistant grades of Aluminium and vice versa.On the other hand, the strength of Polyester sheets is quite low. I have done a basic FEA for both,and I personally think Aluminium is a better option. I just wanted to know what are the materials preferred by other teams.

Thanks in advance.

We use a CFRP/GFRP structure with UL94/V0 resin, which makes it both insulated and flame retardant.

Is aluminum not fire resistant? I would assume that it is. But if you use it you have to solve the insulation issue. Have you seen the nomex paper fire-resistant products? Part numbers 410 and 411. They could solve your issue.
    Penn Electric Racing

There are grades of fire resistant aluminium,but the problem is I am not able to get their mechanical specs.So, I am considering using a standard 6061 mount by giving it a coating of nomex for insulation purposes.What about you guys?

Sounds legit to me. Nomex paper is excellent for insulation purposes. In any case, you want to run your idea by the rules committee to get an official reply though.

As per the rule regarding Maintenance plugs

EV3.3.3 Maintenance plugs must include a positive locking feature which prevents the plug from unintentionally becoming loose. Look into the cut-section of Anderson Powerpole 180 connector. Is it a positive latching?

Kalyan Dash
    SRM University
    India
    Attached Images

EV3.3.3 Maintenance plugs positive locking feature

Hi,

According to my rule rep, Anderson Powerpole comply with the rule.
    Attached Images
    Hugues Marceau
    Poly eRacing Team Captain 2009-2012
    Website
    Facebook Page

+ Reply to Thread