+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Weismann Differential

Hey guys question for ya.

Does anyone know where I can find a reasonably sized Weismann Differential, or could someone point me in the direction of a good precise drawing of one so I can make my own?

Chris Weismann was at West comp. I'd try getting in touch with him. I'd really like to know more about this differential.
    Michigan State University Driveline Since 2005

Thanx so much I have conatacted him. Hopefully all goes well!

Any reply? I havent had one yet.

actually to tell you the truth we cant find much of anything on it, let alone get ahold of anyone that knows more than we do about it (which is basically nothing)

Originally posted by pengulns2001:
    actually to tell you the truth we cant find much of anything on it, let alone get ahold of anyone that knows more than we do about it (which is basically nothing)
    The operating principle is explained in one of the '... to Win' series by Carroll Smith (sorry I can't remember which). If I remember correctly it effectively locks under torque (100% TBR) but runs free on low torque. There is some mention of the car 'going straight on' at the locking point... But I may not remember correctly...
    Regards, Ian

its drive to win, ive read that. its all the information i have on the differential... looking for something more

I havent found anything else about this either...

I'm looking to purchase some Carroll Smith books to study differentials. Would "Prepare to Win" or "Drive to Win" be more beneficial?
    Conor Riordan
    Lincoln Design Judge 2013
    Michigan Design Judge 2012, 2014
    Notre Dame 2009
    WMU Team Captain 2008

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast