+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: tractive system on PCB - "under coating"?

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    tractive system on PCB - "under coating"?


    in the FSAE rule EV4.1.7 for tractive system voltages on a PCB there is a table with minimum required spaces. One coloumn with min. spaces has the title "under coating". What does this "under coating" mean? Is solder resist such a "coating"?


  2. #2
    Best would be to ask the official judges through your team login.
    My views, thoughts and wording do not reflect those of Carleton University in any way, shape or form.
    "The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will." - Vince Lombardi

    CU FS Ravens Racing - Powertrain Dev. 2014
    CU FS Ravens Racing - Team Lead/Tooling 2013/2014
    CU FSAE Ravens Racing (Volunteer Team) - Team Lead/Structures/Manufacturing 2012/2013
    CU FSAE Ravens Racing (Volunteer Team) - Team Lead 2011/2012

  3. #3

    the word missing in the rules is "conformal" - see here for explanation. Thatīs at least what standards I know refer to. Thereīs multiple companies producing such "conformal coatings" and some are avilable as spray can so you can apply it on your own. Iīm sure customer support of one of them will be happy to advise you a product and send you a sample of it

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts