+ Reply to Thread

Thread: anybody out there knows how to use a wilwood brake pressure gauge?

anybody out there knows how to use a wilwood brake pressure gauge?

Hello people!!

I'm a student majoring in automotive engineering at Kookmin University and involved in a formula student racing team called Kooking Racing.

a few days ago, i ordered the wilwood qucick check pressure gauge and received this.

However, i just have no idea how to use this.

Please help me and teach me how to use this pressure gauge.

Thank you very much in advance!

Why the hell did you bought something you do not know how to use? :S

The photo I can find online looks a lot like you thread it into the bleed screw port on the caliper.

Northwestern Formula Racing Alum
    Head Engineer, Frame/Suspension 2006-2009

My '73 Saab 99 Road Race Build

mech5496,

I thought it would be really simple to use this. i was like all i gotta do is, thread it into a the bleed screw port which is exactly the same as what drew price mentioned above.

but it's not actually........sigh........

the bleed screw port on a caliper is male as you guys know, and the pressure check gauge is also male in the end. hahahaha

perhaps, i think there's something or an adapter which will make the gauge connect to the caliper. but i couldn't find it till this moment.

already sent an email to Wilwood but it seems like they never answer me.

I'm in trouble now.

Ask the manufacturer?
    Claude Rouelle
    OptimumG president
    Vehicle Dynamics & Race Car Engineering
    Training / Consulting / Simulation Software
    FS & FSAE design judge USA / Canada / UK / Germany / Spain / Italy / China / Brazil / Australia
    [url]www.optimumg.com[/u

For some reason I can't see your picture. PM it over or something I might be able to give you an idea.

Does it look like the attached picture, found that on the internet.

If it does it looks like your going to have to put a fitting on your brake calliper before threading this part into it.
    So you take out the bleeder screw (it is male but can be fully removed) and put this instead. Then re/re the bleed screw when done.

OR put in a in-line connector where it can be placed and read easily for testing.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Simactive; 12-07-2013 at 07:10 PM.
    My views, thoughts and wording do not reflect those of Carleton University in any way, shape or form.
    "The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will." - Vince Lombardi

CU FS Ravens Racing - Powertrain Dev. 2014
    CU FS Ravens Racing - Team Lead/Tooling 2013/2014
    CU FSAE Ravens Racing (Volunteer Team) - Team Lead/Structures/Manufacturing 2012/2013
    CU FSAE Ravens Racing (Volunteer Team) - Team Lead 2011/2012

Simactive

Ohhh sorry, i didn't put any pictures of the pressure gauge in this post.

and thank you so much, the picture that you attached is exactly the same as what i have now.

i will follow your explanation today. thank you so much!

heh no worries. Good luck on measuring. Let us know how accurate that gauge is, would be cool to see how within tolerance they are.
    (It's the little things)

Hopefully I have time to run over and talk to your team this year at Michigan!
    Last edited by Simactive; 12-09-2013 at 05:39 AM.
    My views, thoughts and wording do not reflect those of Carleton University in any way, shape or form.
    "The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will." - Vince Lombardi

CU FSAE Ravens Racing (Volunteer Team) - Team Lead/Structures/Manufacturing 2012/2013

Simactive,

I will! thank you very much! and it would be wonderful for us to talk with your teammates in Michigan. Let's keep in touch

Our entry No is 80 Kookmin Racing and plz stop by and like our wall on FB; https://www.facebook.com/kookmin.racing

Awesome stuff we are team 34. We'll come find you no worries or find us.

We should have some flags this year! Would be cool, I'll shoot you over a PM or something.

+ Reply to Thread