+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Your late night fuel supply

Cool Your late night fuel supply

You've done it, I've done it. We have all done it. Pulling those 24hrs 48 hrs 72hrs.... days of constant work work work work because well, someone might have snapped a bolt in some place only magical fairies could reach. Now you gotta fix it and get her running again for testing.

Now you gotta rush and do work but this shell of ours needs fuel to keep going to endurance runs. What is your choice of fuellage into your mouth hole?

For me if I can find it Chicken Shwarma w/extra garlic and hummus (30.48cm or well footlongs).

Failing that there is Pizza pizza specials, with the sparkling water from the fountain to go with it!

(Also where you from? I guess Cities is easiest!)
    My views, thoughts and wording do not reflect those of Carleton University in any way, shape or form.
    "The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will." - Vince Lombardi

CU FS Ravens Racing - Powertrain Dev. 2014
    CU FS Ravens Racing - Team Lead/Tooling 2013/2014
    CU FSAE Ravens Racing (Volunteer Team) - Team Lead/Structures/Manufacturing 2012/2013
    CU FSAE Ravens Racing (Volunteer Team) - Team Lead 2011/2012

I think as long as we had a steady supply of Sundrop and Red-bull we could conquer the world! We've got a grill down at the shop so after acquisition of a full-sized fridge last year (with an additional 25hp in stickers!!!) it was typically filled with bratwurst, ground beef, frozen burritos (oddly enough are delicious grilled) and other various carbs to fill our 3am hunger pains.

I think the worst one to date wasn't breaking and fixing things but rather getting cost report done. We stayed up about 3 days straight and lived off a mixture of redbull, sundrop, McD's big macs (they were running a special on them!!) and me personally camel cigarettes. My count for the marathon was two packs, 6 macs, 10 bulls and 6 drops. wow....when i put it that way it really sounds like an assortment of drugs....

I'm also confident that we need a jimmy johns sponsorship for our team.
    South Dakota State University Alum
    Electrical/Daq/Engine/Drivetrain/Tire guy '09-'14

Go big, Go blue, Go JACKS!

Hahaha ahhh man that sounds awesome. We have no fridge but we can throw stuff into the snow outside!

Really I thought more people would have had stories of food to talk about hmmmm.
    My views, thoughts and wording do not reflect those of Carleton University in any way, shape or form.
    "The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will." - Vince Lombardi

CU FSAE Ravens Racing (Volunteer Team) - Team Lead/Structures/Manufacturing 2012/2013

We must be a little weird since our after hours food is super-benign and typically consists of Subways, Monster, and Arizona Ice Tea.

Back in the day (2008), we had a tradition of regular visiting the local 24 hour diner on all late nights, but it has fallen by the wayside, probably for good reason, these days.
    Jim
    "Old guy #1" at UCONN Racing

Lots of Rockstars and Monster, Arizona Iced Tea, and Papa Johns pizza.

Lately has been more Original Mountain Dew than Monster, and Culvers Cheese Curds.

If you're using cheese curds you may as well make poutine!

+ Reply to Thread