+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Film 'Rush' - Go see it.

Hybrid View

Film 'Rush' - Go see it.

Incredible story. I don't know enough about Formula 1 history to know right off hand how much is factual, but the story of what everyone involved had to overcome is absolutely incredible. It makes the mystique about such a big figure in the sport as Niki Lauda even more amazing.

Good cinematography and engine sounds about too, visually very very entertaining to watch.

Northwestern Formula Racing Alum
    Head Engineer, Frame/Suspension 2006-2009

My '73 Saab 99 Road Race Build

totally agree. saw 'Rush' last Saturday with my wife. i went in with low expectations based on how bad, cheesy, and/or boring even my most favorite racing movies are. but Chris Hemsworth and Daniel Bruhl were both fantastic. Bruhl should get an oscar for his portrayal of Niki Lauda. Forget that this is easily the best racing movie ever, Rush is Ron Howard's finest film to date and a shining example of how to tell a story on screen. Phenomenal movie!

I am surprised how well Bruhl did in imitating Lauda and Hemsworth. The film accuracy is very well done and the filming positions were great. We had a team night to go see it.
    My views, thoughts and wording do not reflect those of Carleton University in any way, shape or form.
    "The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will." - Vince Lombardi

CU FS Ravens Racing - Powertrain Dev. 2014
    CU FS Ravens Racing - Team Lead/Tooling 2013/2014
    CU FSAE Ravens Racing (Volunteer Team) - Team Lead/Structures/Manufacturing 2012/2013
    CU FSAE Ravens Racing (Volunteer Team) - Team Lead 2011/2012

Quote Originally Posted by Simactive View Post
    We had a team night to go see it.
    We did the same, actually

Great movie, and I will second all the comments above about Brühl's acting - fantastic.

Only the "how to make the car 2.3 s faster in one night"-scene... Oh well, everything else is so much better than almost any other "racing"-movie (maybe except "Le Mans" and "Grand Prix").
    Jan Dressler
    07 - 09 High Speed Karlsruhe / UAS Karlsruhe: Engine & Drivetrain Team
    09 - 10 High Speed Karlsruhe / UAS Karlsruhe: Engine & Drivetrain Team Leader
    10 - 13 High Speed Karlsruhe / UAS Karlsruhe: hanging around & annoying the team with random FSAE wisdom
    13 - ?? Gätmo Motorsport

If you haven't already seen this movie, you should watch this first

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=6CZ5nRQxv4E

It is period coverage of the season including the final GP at Fuji in Japan

Pat
    The trick is... There is no trick

+ Reply to Thread