+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "Ergonomics like an Iron Maiden"

Yes I have a few bruises from our car. I know you do too.

Turning right bangs my forearm into the seat belt latch, and our left hand shifter has given me a nice lump on my hip. It's a combination of yellow and purple now...

A couple of our taller drivers have sliced their legs open on the edge of our suspension leg protection panel, and a few of us get wicked arm pump squeezing our clutch handle.

I'm sure there are some horror stories of times before the templates as well lol...
    Formula SAE: When you just can't get rid of a girlfriend.

Yes I have a few bruises from our car. I know you do too.

Turning right bangs my forearm into the seat belt latch, and our left hand shifter has given me a nice lump on my hip. It's a combination of yellow and purple now...

A couple of our taller drivers have sliced their legs open on the edge of our suspension leg protection panel, and a few of us get wicked arm pump squeezing our clutch handle.

I'm sure there are some horror stories of times before the templates as well lol...
    Formula SAE: When you just can't get rid of a girlfriend.

expanding foam seats will help around the seat area. It's best if you make a new insert for each driver.

http://www.pegasusautoracing.c...oam-seat-inserts.asp
    Matt Brown

We've had more limb abuse after the templates than before, because of the extra space. The clutch handle gives every driver a big purple bruise right on the thigh.

We've got adjustable seat inserts, but need a better thigh pad. We've been using memory foam, which Mr. Fox told us was comfortable but too squishy, but our drivers like it too much to change. Must be the hemorrhoids.
    Wesley
    OU Sooner Racing Team Alum '09

connecting-rods.blogspot.com

I would say it is worse after the templates. We use the custom molded foam bead seats. Even with the extra template room due to the way in which they insert the forward bulkhead template, where you are NOT allowed to remove your seat, we had to cut about 6 inches of knee and leg support out. It is worse than the old cars becuase from mid thigh forward you have no support. We have always been able to egress the car in 5 seconds the templates are only there due to the shin buster racks and foot traps of some of the cars. It would be nicer if you could remove the seat for both templates.
    Brake Team
    Zips Racing
    The University of Akron
    www.zipsracing.com <---- Cool New Website
    http://www.uakron.edu/groups/sae/formula/

I'm pretty sure you're allowed to remove "any removable padding" or words to that effect, we have padding around the front roll hoop because you get nasty bruising on your knees from bracing around corners otherwise
    Malcolm Graham
    University of Auckland '06-'09
    www.fsae.co.nz

+ Reply to Thread