+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Working with Adams mechanics 12.0

Hello, Im using the template mode in adams car to modelate a suspension with pushrods, but when I make any simulation, they always fails, if anyone know how to work with the template builder or know where I can find a good tutorial, I will apreciate any help.

Hello, Im using the template mode in adams car to modelate a suspension with pushrods, but when I make any simulation, they always fails, if anyone know how to work with the template builder or know where I can find a good tutorial, I will apreciate any help.

I would suggest using the ADAMS forum available at http://forums.mscsoftware.com There are a lot of very knowledgable users posting regularly. Just make sure you register and fill in your personal details, you won't get much response unless people know who you are.

ADAMS simulations fail for all manner of reasons and without the specific error message I can't offer much advice.

Are you using the standard FSAE templates? If so I've had problems with the switch parts that are included to allow push or pull rods to be modelled.

Ben
    -

I've had issues with them as well, you need to make sure that the pushrod is attached to the right part at the outboard end. It can either be to the lower control arm, upper control arm (pullrod), or upright, and if its set to the wrong part it'll do funny things, and can potentially cause the system to bind or invert, which will cause the analysis to fail. You can visually check this by running it through the ride travel and watching how the parts move. When I had these problems, I was working with a pullrod suspension, and one of the pullrods was set as attached to a lower control arm, and once I fixed it I didn't have issues with it any longer.

Mike Trumbore
    University of Washington '03-'05

+ Reply to Thread