+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Shared CAD Files Library for FSAE

I have a model of the 2006 Honda CBR600RR. Where should I put it?

Mac

Send me an email and we'll work it out.
    My address is in my profile.

Thanks Mac.
    James Waltman
    VRI at WWU Alumn
    FSAE ˜01 to ˜05
    http://dot.etec.wwu.edu/fsae/

Well, this isn't mine, so I won't send it to you, but I will post the link to it. I can't remember if we are using the higher level assembly or not. I believe one of them has modified parts, like the oiling system, so be careful which one you use.

'03 Yamaha R6 solid model

James, I think this is a great idea.
    Hey Guys...
    Just wanted to say that this model actually belongs to California State University, Northridge. Some of our alumni actually went and got most of the components CMM. As far as the accuracy, we've found lots of problems and it actually was the fault of our engine mounts being about 1 inch off. Be wise if using this model. Being able to modify it to make the corrections is pretty complicated as well. Oh and this is actually a 2001 engine that was modeled, not a 2003 like it says. The transmission internals were from a 2003, and I think that's where the confusion came from.

I think this database is a great idea.
    Ricardo Valdez
    Matador Motorsports
    Formula SAE
    2005 Drivetrain Engineer
    2006 Project Manager
    2007 Powertrain Engineer

MacV,

We are desperately in need of the CBR RR model. I can't see it on the shared drive yet. Can you email it to me at Rob_Littlewood@hotmail.com or tell me where to get it from the drive James?

Cheers
    Rob

Rob, there isn't an RR model up there yet. I haven't gotten anything from Mac yet.

Ricardo, I tried to get a hold of Chris (who originally posted that model). I haven't had any luck yet.
    Do you mind if I put it up to share (errors and all)?
    James Waltman
    VRI at WWU Alumn
    FSAE ˜01 to ˜05
    http://dot.etec.wwu.edu/fsae/

Originally posted by Matador Motorsports:
    Hey Guys...
    Just wanted to say that this model actually belongs to California State University, Northridge. Some of our alumni actually went and got most of the components CMM. As far as the accuracy, we've found lots of problems and it actually was the fault of our engine mounts being about 1 inch off. Be wise if using this model. Being able to modify it to make the corrections is pretty complicated as well. Oh and this is actually a 2001 engine that was modeled, not a 2003 like it says. The transmission internals were from a 2003, and I think that's where the confusion came from.

I think this database is a great idea.
    Oh...that's very interesting. Thanks for letting us know. So, if we were to model a frame off of the mounting points in the solid model, would it be wrong? Is the block different for a 2003?
    -----------------------------
    CFS13 - Drivetrain
    "The pleasure of driving shouldn't be something that's reserved for people with very deep pockets."-Conor (I modified it a little bit)

Unfortunately we found out that the "Yamaha 03 R6" model is not as accurate as we were led to believe. As it turns out, the crankcase is actually a half inch shorter, while the engine mounts are accurate.

James, I don't think you will be able to get a hold of Chris. He is very hard to get a hold of.

Absolutepressure, the mounting points on the 2001 and 2003 Yamaha R6 are not the same. Like Ricardo said, the model looks good by it has its bugs.
    Cal State Northridge
    Matador Motorsports

Hello MacV,

Our team could really use the CBR engine model. Could you email it to me at horacelai@gmail.com? It would help a lot thank you so much!
    Horace Lai

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast