+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Formula SAE Australasia 2009 - News, Pics, etc

ADFA has made it through tech inspection and almost made it through tilt but we had a tiny little fuel leak from the sight tube. The hose had be crimped a bit from the clamp.

Static events went fairly well. It is always so hard to tell with the design judges. Our from and rear beam axle suspension has been generating a great deal of discussion which is good. Some people think it's insane and a complete waste of time and the car will be never be successful, while others can see our reasoning and wish us well. It was also good to know we weren't the only ones having trouble with the cost report format and the failed simple maths.

Cheers

Olly

ACME Racing
    UNSW@ADFA
    Olly

Academy Racing 04-07, 09-11
    UNSW@ADFA

dunno if my post went through or is being moderated or what.

For those interested, you can follow me on twitter @FSAEA09.

gots some photos from the cars, will try and keep the info and results coming.
    ---------------------------
    2006 QUT Motorsport - Manufacturing Manager
    2007 QUT Motorsport - Controversy Raiser
    2008 University of Waterloo Formula Motorsports - Exchange Student / Electrical Team Manager
    2009 The University of Adelaide Motorspo

Oz_olly,

Pictures please. I would love to see the beam axles. I always thought they would package real nicely, if it all dual beam axles worked that is, if you did a satchell link rear and front beam axle that connected to the main roll hoop so that the only other forces induced into the chassis were dampers. Make chassis design easy squeazy.

Is that the Iranians first car in FSAE? Looks like they did there homework.

Rob,

I agree if that is the case.

Fred

Results off the top of my head:
    Skidpad:
    1 - Monash
    2 - UWA
    3 - Auckland

Accel
    1 - UWA
    (don't remember any others apart from our 10th)

Autocross
    1 - Monash
    2 - Swinburne
    3 - UWA
    4 - QUT
    5 - Auckland

Cost
    1 - Monash
    2 - UWA? (maybe 3rd actually)

Business
    don't remember TBH

Design Finalists
    Monash, Auck, UWA, ECR

Monash currently ahead on points, followed by UWA then Swinburne I think. We're 5th or 6th overall
    Malcolm Graham
    University of Auckland '06-'09
    www.fsae.co.nz

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MalcolmG:
    UWA currently ahead on points, followed by UWA... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

UWA seems to be doing pretty good, 1st AND 2nd!

Keep us posted tomorrow alright guys(paging kirby...)? Best of luck to everyone for endurance.
    EX-FSAE

pics!!! and about rmit?? how are they??
    FFRT - chassi
    10'
    09'
    08'
    07'

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Design Finalists
    Monash, Auck, UWA, ECR

UWA currently ahead on points, followed by UWA then Swinburne I think. We're 5th or 6th overall

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the updates Malcolm. Good to see our team is doing well.. also great to see ECR in design finals in only their second year.

Best of luck to all the teams tomorrow.
    Project Manager 2007/ US 08
    UWA Motorsport Alumni

Congrats to IUST even though they didn't pass tech. From the couple pics posted it looks like they did a great job getting a car together. Finally some news out of Iran that doesn't involve people being beaten in the streets for voicing opinions and Ahmadinejad bringing the world closer to WW3. I wish you much luck in the future.

Any news on why they didn't pass tech? Their car looks amazing for a first year vehicle...

Was it dumb like templates or something more important?
    Formula SAE: When you just can't get rid of a girlfriend.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast