+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2006 Competitions....whats up???

I heard a few rumors floating around the pits...there will be 2 US competitions next year, one somewheres in Cali, one somewheres else...heard the Silverdome was going to be torn down and a new location would need to be found...anyone else have any more info on this??
    Mike Duwe
    UWP Alumni

Former Drivetrain Leader and Team Captain

I heard a few rumors floating around the pits...there will be 2 US competitions next year, one somewheres in Cali, one somewheres else...heard the Silverdome was going to be torn down and a new location would need to be found...anyone else have any more info on this??
    Mike Duwe
    UWP Alumni

They announced it at the captains meeting. Neither "new" location has been firmed up yet, but its looking like the west coast one will be held at the infield of a speedway (not sure which) and the Detroit "big show" will most likely be held at one of the big three's Detroit area proving grounds, or another large/suitable location.

Registration will open up to all teams for both events at the same time, but you can only register for one. After a month you can register for the other, if there's still room.

Just to start the rumor mill, which competition are all you teams planning on attending?

U. of Washington will register for West.
    Alumni, University of Washington
    Structural / Mechanical Engineer, Blue Origin

I'm pretty sure U of A will want to be going to the West competition, although we will have to see.

I remember talking to two of the Washington team members on Saturday night, they came into our hotel room just seeing what was up while we were playing poker, not sure if that was you though, can't really remember who they were.
    Dave Addington
    University of Alberta
    FSAE 2005, 2006

WWU will be driving 2 days extra to detriot...oh wait..thats retarded..yeah we will be at west.

it seems like a lot of teams are geographically closer to east though, i am curious who will come out west? UTA and texas A&M perhaps?
    jack
    College dropout extraordinaire
    (formerly WWU Rev-Hone Racing)

due to funds and location, we will prob be going to the east again, I'm peelin from my 2 days of sun from Detroit, don't need more sun
    Mike Duwe
    UWP Alumni

Anyone know if any of the potential surfaces are concrete?
    Wray
    UMSAE

West for sure, if we make it. Here's to hoping.

Oregon State will be attending the west competition. Though depending on who goes where I think I would rather be in the east.
    Josh Gillett
    Oregon State FSAE '04-'06

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast