+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: 2006 Competitions....whats up???

Does anyone know who the main sponsors are going to be for the west coast event? Is Honda going to finally get to come inside the gate? Also, what kind of group is going to make up the design judges?

It's about the same distance to either event, and we're tired of getting rained on. Oklahoma will be going west this next year.

-Trey

Yea... same with Colorado State, about the same distance, but nice weather would be decent for a change. A nice surface to race on wouldn't be bad either. So if it is indeed California Speedway, then CSU will be going west. Plus June will give us extra test time hopefully... or just extra panic mode time like always.
    Engineers aren't boring people, we just get excited about boring things.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Michael Jones:
    Detroit will still be the mainstay for a while, given it will still be set at around 140 teams whereas others will be half that at best (including West, which they'll cap at around 70 to start, according to what was released at the captain's meeting...) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    This is incorrect- Steve Daum made it clear at competition that they do not know for certain how many competitors will be allowed at EITHER US event in 2006, because niether event location has been determined. They're looking to 'split the load'. Do not expect 140 slots for Detroit, it isn't guaranteed.
    Code:
    "...with powershifts and tiresmoke for all"

Have anymore teams decided where they are going yet? We're still undecided as to which event we are planning to attend.
    Neil Schreiber
    Missouri S&T Racing
    '05 - '08

http://fsae.mst.edu/
    *formerly University of Missouri-Rolla

We are planning on the WEST event, primarily due to travel/expenses/fun etc.
    --
    Spencer
    UBC Formula SAE
    www.formulaubc.com

We will be at the East event. Michigan is far enough away as it is.
    Rutgers Formula Racing 04,05, 06

Might be easier if we copy/past this list into our posts and build upon it.

University of British Columbia : FSAE WEST
    RUTGERS : FSAE EAST
    --
    Spencer
    UBC Formula SAE
    www.formulaubc.com

University of British Columbia : FSAE WEST
    RUTGERS : FSAE EAST
    Dartmouth : FSAE EAST (and west if we have enough interest)

On a side note about the East competition:

Steve talked for a while in England about the competitions and said that it was almost for certain that the east event will be held at the Ford proving grounds about 20 minutes drive from the silverdome. Apparently the asphalt is absolutely perfect. Steve said he asked the grounds manager if he could cut a small strip to lay in a timing loop and the guy said he would lose his job if he tried. It must be pretty sweet. The down side is that there will be little to no parking near the pit/racing area. There will be shuttle busses to get people to and from the venue from the parking area. It also sounded like the Cal Speedway was almost set except there was some date interference with NASCAR. I'm sure they'll work it out.

-Redbeard
    Dartmouth Formula Racing

As far as I was told, the contract was signed with Cal Speedway recently. My contact was uncertain as to where the competition would be held, the inside track or the parking lot were the auto-x take place. I would love for them to hold the acceleration runs on the 1/4 mile dragstrip, but I am pretty sure that won;t happen. I am curious if my source has given me the correct info. Anyone from Pomona want to chime in. You guys might know more about it.

Rick
    Long Beach State Motorsport

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RickyRacer:
    I would love for them to hold the acceleration runs on the 1/4 mile dragstrip, but I am pretty sure that won;t happen. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hahahaha, formula cars running on all that rubber? somebody would run a 3.0. easily.
    Mike Miles
    Carnegie Mellon SAE/Carnegie Mellon Racing -- Formula SAE 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast