+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: "Adding grip" to steering wheel

Hockey tape works really well.

Zips Racing 2009-2014
    Jorts and Tank-top model 2013-2014

Thanks for all the great answers! I had a feeling that skateboard grip tape wouldn't be a really good solution, but it's always nice to have some confirmation.

I'll look into the different kinds of tape, actually we have some baseball teams over here so I may be able to get in touch with some of them. The fabric-and-glue-method is really interesting, since we have some members with a bit of fashion design education who'll might be able to make something cool out of it.

ELiTH Racing 2009-2014
    Now: Grumpy old man and workplace safety lecturer

Please note that my comments does not reflect the opinions or values of Linköping University, ELiTH Racing/LiU Formula Student or their related sponsors.

Plastidip

I know im digging up a grave here, but in the future, consider plastidip. It comes in two forms, liquid and spray. for this application i would go with liquid. Just dip the areas you want to be grippy, or even paint it on with a brush. The stuff is commonly used to recoat tool handles, as well as ricy wheels

I don't know about the liquid plastidip but the spray on will last for awhile and then peel off from use.
    Iowa State University
    Cyclone Racing

Alumni '15-∞
    Senior Advisor '15
    Technical Director '13, '14
    Chassis Team Leader '12, '13
    Member '11

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2