+ Reply to Thread

Thread: nico rosberg

anyone watching the bahrain gp on speed today catch bob varsha's comment about nico rosberg? apparently he passed up the engineering program at imperial college london to drive for williams. imagine his talent in fsae/formula student. forget A&M and their three-time karting champion, forget uta and erick, this dude's kickin ass and taking names in formula 1.
    Mike Miles
    Carnegie Mellon SAE/Carnegie Mellon Racing -- Formula SAE 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006

Im glad i woke up at 5.30 in the morning to watch the race. I wasnt at all in the mood knowing that schumacher had pole the day before. I thought it was going to be one of those ferrari reign at bahrain.

But boy, the bahrain GP was fun!!!

p/s: to those european guys, do you guys know which has a better program/ recognition, Imperial or Cransfield?
    RiNaZ

Hey Mike,

I caught the race as well. Fortunately, we had it recorded so we could watch qualifying and the race all in one sitting. There were several great performances on the day, though Nico Rosberg's was quite mentionable. Finishing in points and setting fastest lap in his first Grand Prix.

I have no reservations in saying that any good driver can beat me in the UTA cars. I assure you there is still more to be had from it. A driver with the talents like Jordan from A&M could assuredly beat me (quite handily) given a little more seat time. We actually let him drive the car at Texas Autocross Weekend and he did in fact put in a faster time in three runs.

Drivers with the talent like those in Formula 1 are capable of getting the most performance out of a car. There are drivers of this caliber in FSAE, and I do think Jordan is one of them. I would love to see a racecar driver of Nico Rosberg's talents behind the wheel of an FSAE car. It would definitely be a sight! But don't forget that an autocrosser has (or should have) a totally different mentality than a road racer. With only two or three shots to put in your best time, you better be doing all the car can do from the launch.
    - Erick

FSAE ('99 '00 '01 '02 '03 '04 '05 pit stop '07)
    FSAE Australasia '00
    FSAE Japan '04

Originally posted by RiNaZ:
    Im glad i woke up at 5.30 in the morning to watch the race. I wasnt at all in the mood knowing that schumacher had pole the day before. I thought it was going to be one of those ferrari reign at bahrain.

But boy, the bahrain GP was fun!!!

p/s: to those european guys, do you guys know which has a better program/ recognition, Imperial or Cransfield?
    Cranfield is a general motorsport course, but Imperial is the better institution by reputation. If you want to do just Aero or just Control Eng I'd say Imperial. If you want to do general motorsport post grad go to Cranfield. I know a vehicle dynamics guy at RBR who's ex-Birmingham FS and did control at Imperial and was then in charge of Jordans 7-poster for 18 months.

It was aero at Imperial that Rosberg could have done.

Ben
    -

+ Reply to Thread