+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Race car gear box

Who are the Ex FSAE guys running the Mazda 6 race team in the ALMS?
    Would they, or anyone else, know if one of the sequential gearboxes used in the outgoing Rx8's might be available for sale somewhere?

Pete

The Mazda 6s race in the Grand-Am GX class and are built and raced by SpeedSource.

I don't know what transmission they are using or did use but there is plenty of information available here: http://www.grand-am.com/Compet...resentedbySunTr.aspx

P.S. Don't follow that link unless you have at least an hour to waste reading technical bulletins from NASCAR - it's surprisingly addictive.

We specialize in gear boxes, There are a couple 6 speed sequential available starting at around $10.000.
    We also do a lot of 5 speed H pattern conversions on the RX8.
    scotty
    Taylor Race
    scotty@taylor-race.com
    taylor-race.com

I have looked at your web site Scotty, is the the heavier Quaife QBE69G your thinking for a Turbo Rx7?

I was hoping the Rx8's were front mount, and as they don't seem to be running at top level any more a spare might be for sale somewhere cheap. It looks like maybe they were actually a transaxle? Does any one know for sure?

Grand-Am GT is tricky since there are so many cars homologated and pretty much anyone can build one but as far as I know they all had the Xtrac 6-speed transaxle.

If you are looking for used race car parts try racingjunk.com.

It's not the easiest site to search on but you can find anything from a stock mustang the owner thinks is a dragster to ex-LeMans cars (and all the parts in-between.)

+ Reply to Thread