+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Camshafts and timing

hi......I would like to know what kind of alterations can i do in the timing of the engine and in the camshaft...
    please report back as soon as possible...
    thank you

What do the rules say?

Personally, I find that keeping both valves open at all times reduces your mechanical losses from opening and closing the valves. It also lets you minimize those pesky pressure waves that are formed by the valves opening and closing, which should simplify your CFD.
    Chris Noll
    UB Motorsports Formula SAE: RIP 1987-2010

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster."- Jeremy Clarkson

No NO you have it all wrong. Take out the valves all together. No restriction on flow at all. Think how fast you'll go. Oh you get that extra weight savings too!
    Aces Racing - "I wanna go FAST"
    www.ueracing.com
    2011 - Lead Design - Frame and Suspension Lead

Wrong again. Flowing all that air takes too much work, thereby reducing horsepower. We leave our valves closed and operate in a vacuum.

We're actually considering not running an engine at all this year for weight savings and fuel economy.

Best performance can be had by removing the valves and injecting fuel and spark into the muffler. This only works if the tailpipe is pointed rearwards though, and you won't want to put anything flammable back there.
    Dr. Adam Witthauer
    Iowa State University 2002-2013 alum

Mad Scientist, Gonzo Racewerks Unincorporated, Intl.

Originally posted by Gerasimos:
    hi......I would like to know what kind of alterations can i do in the timing of the engine and in the camshaft...
    Well, you see, it's like this: We were going to do some alterations to the Cam shaft, but when we told Cam what we were planning to do, he got really shitty and said that there was no way he would let us near it. Then we asked him if it would be OK if we had some professionals take a look, the pro's gave Cam moar lift and moar duration. One of the pro's also experimented with the head and found the combo that made Cam flow the most. When we put Cam back in the car with the modified head, the increase in power was amazing! (Although we did need to put in some moar shimz) Everyone wanted a turn with the new and improved Cam, we are all very satisfied with the results.

Originally posted by Gerasimos:
    * A lot probably*

please report back as soon as possible...

* I hope this is soon enough.*

thank you
    * You are welcome*

Pete.

A parish priest, Father Cam, was being honored at a dinner on the 25th anniversary of his arrival in that parish.

A leading local politician, who was a member of the congregation, was chosen to make the presentation and give a little speech at the dinner, but he was delayed in traffic.

Sooo.....Father Cam decides to say his own few words while they await the politician's arrival......

"You will understand," he said, "the seal of the confessional, can never be broken. What is confessed in there to me, is never repeated on the outside. However, I got my first impressions of this parish from the first confession I ever heard here.

Realize, please, that I can only hint vaguely about this, but when I came here 25 years ago, I thought I had been assigned to a terrible place.

The very first chap who entered my confessional told me how he had stolen a television set and, when stopped by the police, had almost murdered the officer. Further, he told me he had embezzled money from his place of business and had an affair with his boss's wife. I was appalled. But as the days went on I knew that my people at this congregation were not all like that, and I had, indeed come to, a fine parish full of understanding and loving people."

Just as the priest finished his talk, the politician arrived, apologized for his tardiness and then started in on his speech.

"I want to thank you all for letting me say a few words this evening in honor of Father Cam. 25 Years is a long time. In fact, when he arrived here, I had the honor of being the first confession he heard at this congregation."

You see, that's what I call bad Cam timing.
    Wesley
    OU Sooner Racing Team Alum '09

connecting-rods.blogspot.com

+ Reply to Thread