+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Caliguri Cup - July 16th - Pittsburgh Vintage GP - hosted by Carnegie Mellon

So you mean that we can't race with the other cars in the streets of pittsburg with the rest of the vintage racers? That would be some fun.

That would be fun. But it'd be pretty darn dangerous. We'd reach max speed very often, and there are tons of stone walls lining the course, along with some steep dropoffs.

We're about 19 days away now.

Cornell, OSU, Akron, CaseW, Detroit schools... are you guys all too busy to come race?

Schools within 5 hours of Pittsburgh (and I've tested a few of these):

Pitt (about 5 minutes)
    Case (less than 2 hours guys!)
    Penn State
    Akron
    Ohio U.
    OSU
    Penn
    Drexel
    Lehigh
    Virginia Tech (ok, more like 6, but its a scenic drive)
    RIT
    UM-D

It'll be a kickass time.
    Mike Miles
    Carnegie Mellon SAE/Carnegie Mellon Racing -- Formula SAE 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006

Drexel may be there if we get our car back from the UK in time and it is still in running order.

The other question should be, who if anyone is going to the SCCA divisionals for in DC the following weekend. Now that will be some stiff competition and a much larger track to show off in.

Mike, I haven't had a chance to speak with any of the PSU guys since the PVGP. What teams showed up and what were the results?

Thanks
    Wind Catchers Embroidery,
    PSU FSAE Sponsor

Steve,

Unfortunately Mike didn't make it out for the PVGP. Again, this year only Pitt and PSU were able to attend the event. We were plagued by humidity and strong rain for about an hour but most drivers got in their runs before the rain. I don't have specific details, but I believe the placement of the cars went:
    PSU 2005
    Pitt 2005
    Pitt 2004
    CMU 2005
    PSU 2004

If I hear of any other info I'll post that up here.

Scott Israel
    Carnegie Mellon University

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2