+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wow.. TTC budget spreadsheet accurate?

After 3 rounds of testing there's still $30,000+ remaining in the account?

That's insane.

I noticed that too. Hopefully that means we can convince them to test more tires in the next round, I would love to see data on rains as well as the new Hoosier R25B compound.
    Levi Porter
    RPI FSAE

When's the next round likely to be? We've got a tyre that should be a bit further along in development by then.

We should have two UK Unis using it this year plus a few more from Germany.

Our policy is to make the latest spec available to all from next year but to subsidise any testing done on our behalf by an teams.

Birmingham and Herts have tested the first spec and it was worse than the existing Avojn. A softer construction and compound version should be testing in mid-April.

Ben
    -

R25B?
    -That should be interesting.

Some say the R25B is the R25A without one of the ingredients which Hoosier could no longer obtain.

Still, it might be better in some way
    ===Aileron===

Originally posted by Chuckster:
    R25B?
    -That should be interesting.

Some say the R25B is the R25A without one of the ingredients which Hoosier could no longer obtain.

Still, it might be better in some way
    Any more info on that?

There are European regs coming in to ban free aromatic oil in rubber polymers, which is currently causing a lot of hassle. It should affect anything sold in Europe.

Ben
    -

The new R25B's would be nice, hopefully they plan to do the round over the summer.
    Ian
    Chassis Group Leader 07-08
    Formula RPI Alumni 07-08-09

You would think the Hoosier is same construction as was tested in TTC Round 3, with different cap compound. But yea, would be good to know how B stacks up to A in terms of grip, giveup, stiffness..

Maybe could just drop a line to Speer there at Hoosier and ask him?

The R25b is the same compound as the R25a, all the chemicals are the same. However, one of the chemicals (like sulphur) supplied by "Company A" is no longer available so "Company B" now supplies it. I was told there is no change in formulation or mechanical properties and there won't be until a new number compound comes out... ie r29a or something like that.
    2003-2008 UF FSAE

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ben:
    When's the next round likely to be? <snipped>

Hello to fsae.com,

Dr Kasprzak has a heavy workload this year and he's asked me to take over some of the TTC work that he's done in the past--so I just joined fsae.com. I can see that there are a lot of TTC related threads, and I won't have time to watch them all, but I'll do what I can.

In answer to the question above, we are all pretty busy and probably the *earliest* that Round 4 could be organized will be sometime this summer (2008). When we get closer, we will be asking for suggestions about what to test.

Re: the subject of this thread, yes, the TTC has been successful far beyond our initial estimates. We recently passed another milestone of 150 members and I've heard that more intend to join in the near future. Does anyone have any idea of the number of active FSAE/FStudent teams worldwide?

-- Doug Milliken for the TTC

Doug,

It is a pleasure to have you join the forums. 150 members is amazing. As far as how many teams worldwide I would guesstimate 300 total including new upstart teams. ~50% participating in the TTC is great.

We all thank you for your time. The forum members are very opinionated and I am sure the topic of what tires to test will raise quite a debate.
    John "Jack" Vinella
    University of Washington Alumni 06' 07' 08' 09'

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast