+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 8 in C to C Steering Rack

Ok, so I found this steering rack with the 8 in center to center that I need, but I can't find any good information on it. Anyone dealt with these guys before/ have any advice one way or another?

http://www.desertkarts.com/item163927.ctlg

Also, does anyone know of any other options in the 8 in C to C range?
    J.R.
    University at Buffalo Alum.
    Safety Wire Team Leader

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done."
    Louis D. Brandeis

Ok, so I found this steering rack with the 8 in center to center that I need, but I can't find any good information on it. Anyone dealt with these guys before/ have any advice one way or another?

http://www.desertkarts.com/item163927.ctlg

Also, does anyone know of any other options in the 8 in C to C range?
    J.R.
    Safety Wire Team Leader

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done."
    Louis D. Brandeis

We used the 14" version of that rack on our baja cars. Lasted 3 years in very abusive baja service. By the end of the last year it was starting to slip (pinion or rack was worn and would jump/skip teeth). Good rack for the price, but do yourself a favour and change out the supplied rod ends for some good ol aurora chromoly's. The ones that come with the rack are made out of chinesium and last about 30 seconds.

Chinesium. That is my favorite word ever now! Thank you for enriching my life with that one

Wish I could take credit for that line, but I can't. Understandably once you hear it you can't not borrow it

Chinesium is now also my new favourite material. It is way cooler than Unobtanium.

Cheers

Olly
    Olly

Academy Racing 04-07, 09-11
    UNSW@ADFA

Chinesium is also known as Cheesium

Pat
    The trick is ... There is no trick!

Just wait until you encounter the 40thou 'Chinese millimeter'...

Regards, Ian

So anything else on non-chinesium 8 in C to C racks?
    J.R.
    Safety Wire Team Leader

Louis D. Brandeis

Ppada
    Student Mech. Eng.
    UoP Racing

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast