+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: steering

please tell at which angle the tie-rod and the steering arm should be attached in case of ackermann(front steer..rack in front of front axle)

please tell at which angle the tie-rod and the steering arm should be attached in case of ackermann(front steer..rack in front of front axle)

It should be attached up your backside.

Here's a tip for you -

Just give up. If you cannot be bothered to search the forum, read books or even understand that the answer to your question isn't a finite exact answer then seriously give up engineering and apply at your local fast food restaurant.

Sometimes I wonder how India is becoming an engineering power based on the lack of quality and total laziness that comes across on these forums. God help us if this is the future.
    University of Glasgow Racing (UGR) Alumni
    BEng Aeronautic Engineering 2010

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ally_UGR:
    It should be attached up your backside.

Here's a tip for you -

Just give up. If you cannot be bothered to search the forum, read books or even understand that the answer to your question isn't a finite exact answer then seriously give up engineering and apply at your local fast food restaurant.

Sometimes I wonder how India is becoming an engineering power based on the lack of quality and total laziness that comes across on these forums. God help us if this is the future. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

+1

I often find posts like this comforting as well as frustrating. It makes me feel good that I know I will still have a job in the future if this is the competition I will face globally.

you guys don't have to respond if you think it's a dumb question. could he look that up or figure it out? sure. does he really need a response like you gave him, no.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thestratomaster:
    you guys don't have to respond if you think it's a dumb question. could he look that up or figure it out? sure. does he really need a response like you gave him, no. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

People need to be told when they're being idiots.
    Sam Burt
    Driveline Control
    Jaguar Land Rover

It's said before of adii, probably a troll.

Of his 6 posts, not a single one has shown any sort of effort on his part and each time he's received similar responses to those above.

Just ignore his posts.
    Simon
    ----------------------------------------
    Powertrain Research Student 2010-2013

Team Principal 2009-2010
    Engine Development 2008-2009
    Brunel Racing

Searching is indeed very easy...so why do we complain instead of doing a simple search and helping him out?

adii, check out this thread it was one of the first that popped up!:
    h t t p : / / fsae.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/125607348/m/84220885941

Once you guys see what I'm on about, I'm sure you will start to help me with this effort
    --
    University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
    http://illinimotorsports.net

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sormaz:
    Searching is indeed very easy...so why do we complain instead of doing a simple search and helping him out?

adii, check out this thread it was one of the first that popped up!:
    h t t p : / / fsae.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/125607348/m/84220885941

Once you guys see what I'm on about, I'm sure you will start to help me with this effort </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm prefectly willing to share any ideas or suggestions to posters who at least give some indication they have done some research or post some "train of thought or engineering judgement", that's not really the issue.

What really irritates me are posters(usually from India) just expecting the answer given to them on a plate. That's not engineering, that's not the goal of FSAE and it's not a healthy habbit for future employment. The goal here is to learn important skills in engineering and self discipline when it comes to your own learning. The product of this might be the actual car but the whole point is to gain experience in the sort of skills you'll need as a qualified engineer. One of those is using your initiative and doing background research.

I might sound harsh but I've seen too many students manage to sponge their way through projects while I was at University. If it was going to affect your own grade you wouldn't put up with it, so why entertain the same type of people here?

I'm working on a sort of WYSIWYG system here. If I see a good post I can help with iI will. If I see trash....
    University of Glasgow Racing (UGR) Alumni
    BEng Aeronautic Engineering 2010

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SamB:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thestratomaster:
    you guys don't have to respond if you think it's a dumb question. could he look that up or figure it out? sure. does he really need a response like you gave him, no. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

People need to be told when they're being idiots. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't disagree. I just think the best way to show him he's an idiot is to give no response at all

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast