+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Where can I find cheap headrest leather?

My team might be using leather instead of vinyl for our headrest covering. Can anyone recommend somewhere I could purchase some cheap leather for this?

My team might be using leather instead of vinyl for our headrest covering. Can anyone recommend somewhere I could purchase some cheap leather for this?

How about just google "leather" and click on a few links. It literally took me longer to write this post than it did to find a place that sells leather that could be used in the fashion you asked.
    --Dash Robinson
    --Mississippi State University

or your local fabric store...throw that one into google too, will be able to buy small amt's easily.
    Red & Blue Racing '08

Try this:

http://tinyurl. c o m/4o7oza5
    Any views or opinions expressed by me may in no way reflect those of Stewart-Haas Racing, Kettering University, or their employees, students, administrators or sponsors.

Afghanistan has cheap leather.

Make sure you get Corinthian though. Otherwise the design judges will burn you at the stake. Corinthian leather also goes much better with rich mahogany steering wheels, shift knobs, and dashes.
    Dr. Adam Witthauer
    Iowa State University 2002-2013 alum

Mad Scientist, Gonzo Racewerks Unincorporated, Intl.

if you want to be very resourceful, you could visit a junk yard and look for a seat from a 1980's vehicle. Should be plenty of cheap leather to go around.
    Red & Blue Racing '08

Last place I saw leather headrests was 1980. So your next challenge is to find a flux capacitor
    Sam Burt
    Driveline Control
    Jaguar Land Rover

Junkyards, headrests and backs of seats are good spots to look for larger flat seamless sections. Seatbacks may be fake leather, but the look/feel is the same.

I know Volvo and some other companies kept up with full leather interiors through the 90's, the seatbacks are generally wider and flat, which should be about perfect.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AlexHsia:
    My team might be using leather instead of vinyl for our headrest covering. Can anyone recommend somewhere I could purchase some cheap leather for this? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    You might also try a second hand clothing shop (Salvation Army etc) and buy a leather coat or jacket.
    If the item is intended to be only a cover a lot of wear is probably not going to occur and you get a "feel good" factor as well.

Peter.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast